c25k work out 1

Options
This may seem like nothing but I completed week 1 work out 1 today. This is a huge achievement for me as have never been able to run at all very proud of myself and enjoyed it to cant wait for next one now
Yay Me !!!!!!:smooched:

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Great job! I completed the program a month or so ago, and now can run 3 to 5 miles. Keep up the great work. The C25K program is fantastic, and it really works if you stick with it!!!
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I started the program last night! I did it before and got to week 4 and then stopped...this time there is no stopping me!
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started it a few weeks ago, and I'm up to week 3. It gets hard someties, but you just have to push through it! I can't wait to be able to run for 30 minutes non stop!

Good luck on your C25K journey. :)
  • bgcamp
    bgcamp Posts: 2
    Options
    Wednesday I did my first c25k workout as well. Weather is forecast to be ugly on Friday, so I'm planing my second run of Week 1 on Saturday. I'm still a bit sore from my first day, but it feels good in that "I'm getting in shape" way, crazy as it is.

The c25k program is part for fitness and part to prepare me for the Warrior Dash I signed up for with a few of my friends this summer.

Good luck!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's is awesome. I just completed the c25k and I really didn't think I was going to be able to do it. That first workout I really had to push through it.

Contgrats and you can do it. I wish I could say it gets easier, but it pretty much increases steadily and I did have to repeat a few of the workouts, but I repeated them and moved on.

Best wishes.
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nice. I'll be starting the C25K on Sunday.
  • Mom2Wilmo
    Mom2Wilmo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K in August and have always been a horrible runner. It was a great way to start! I am doing my first half marathon on 03/20 and I never thought I could do it. It took awhile but I enjoy running now. The C25K is a great program.
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    Hi thanks for all your support have just done number 2 yay!!! good luck to everyone else on the programme and doing bigger runs we are all amazing and a dedicated fantastic group of people :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Couch to 5 K is an excellent program for building endurance. I did it last year to prepare for a 5 K in May. I can still run for about half an hour. That may not seem like much to some people but it's supergood for me. I couldn't run for 30 minutes when I was a teenager.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I just now saw this thread, but thought I would add to it. I did workout 1 today, and I am way excited to do workout 2 tomorrow!! I am planning to register for a 5K in about 7 weeks, hopefully I'll be able to run most of it!! Best of luck!!
  • PghGal2011
    Options
    I started last night and thought i was going to die! Bring it on baby cuz finishing a 5 k is on my goal list!!
  • richiemcfc
    richiemcfc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I completed it about 6 weeks ago and it really is great - I now regularly run the 30 minutes and do about 4.3k with the occasional 5k taking approx 37 minutes - not world record pace by any means but when I look back at what I could do when I first started I think 'wow!'.

The one run that will always live with me was the final one at the end of week 5 (if I remember correctly?) After weeks of slowly building up with a mixture of walking and running, I didnt imagine I'd be able to run non-stop for 20 minutes and after I did it I had so much confidence that I always looked forward to my next run.

What I would say is that whilst it doesnt get any easier, you haven't really given it a fair shot until youve completed week 5 and if you felt the way I felt after that run at the end of week 5, it becomes much more of a pleasure than a chore.

Good luck all

Steve
  • carriecheecham
    Options
    :smile:
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    I just finished my week one and I'm telling you, I felt so amazing yesterday to finish W1D3 and to compare it to just 5 days earlier when I almost quit after the first 10 mins. To get through the full 20 mins of jog/walk without a stitch in my side, and with better form, and to look forward to week two was such a huge deal for me. I am so glad that so many other MFPers are doing it as well. I is so nice to hear that I am not alone when struggling through this self-inflicted (in a good way) challenge. Hurray for all of us!!!!!!!!!!
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    Good for you.. I am going to be starting it once the weather here in Canada warms up.. I like to see how many people love this program.. very inspiring!
  • Mcogelia
    Mcogelia Posts: 16
    Options
    I am doing c25k as well! I am on week 4 now and I can't believe I have made it this far! The program is fantastic and I always feel so accomplished when I finish a day :)

Good luck to you :)
  • HowzItGoinEh
    Options
    I just did my first c25k this morning. Definitely not easy. Great job on your first week!
  • funsover
    funsover Posts: 39
    Options
    Good for you.. I am going to be starting it once the weather here in Canada warms up.. I like to see how many people love this program.. very inspiring!

inkdgirl, I am also Canadian, from Nova Scotia, I definately have to pick and choose my days for outside runs, but it is awesome to get outside and off the treadmile. Also, for those days when I don't feel like walking the treadmill, I do the Walk Away The Pounds workout routine, there is a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile routine. It's good for the off-c25k days.
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've just started yesterday as well, but I've got to do it while pushing my 1.5 year old in a pram. This does makes it harder doesnt it? I couldn't quite finish the 1st day, and I know I'm unfit, but I also think that the extra weight and resistance of the pram makes it harder.... Tell it's not just coz I'm unfit???
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I just finished day 2, and boy am I sore!! I did day 1 yesterday and day 2 today... it says to do the runs every other day, so I'm hoping that's why I'm so sore. I'm doing most of the runs on a treadmill, but once a week I'm going to run on the road. I figure that will make the actual 5K I intend to run easier.

I almost quit today. I messed up yesterday and did the routine for 25 minutes instead of 20, so I was super sore. It was hot in the gym... I had all of these excuses. But I just pushed those thoughts out of my head and kept going. I'm really really loving this program. I'm hoping it sticks, because I really want to enjoy running. I also love how many people out there have successfully completed the 9 weeks. Keeps my hope alive, haha! :)

FYI -- if you have a smartphone/iPod/Blackberry, there are a TON of apps out there that take you through the program. I bought one today for my iPod touch (for 1.99), and the kindest lady voice comes on over my music and says "great job! only 10 seconds of running left!" It tells me when to run, when to walk, how many runs I have left, and it "encourages" me as I go. It also keeps track of my days and will sync to Facebook and Twitter (although I opt not to do this). Definitely worth the 1.99.

To lalilalu: I could NEVER do this whilst pushing a pram. I have a hard time with it on a treadmill!! Don't be discouraged. And, if you need to repeat weeks until you can finish the prescribed workout, do it!! There's NO shame in that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!