Weight loss stalled

Options
I have been doing weight watchers and following my points. I also do 30 minutes of Zumba in the morning and 45 minutes of exercise at night. So far I have lost 10 pounds, but seem to be stalled. I have been losing about 1 pound a week. Can anyone suggest something I can do to get over this hump and start losing again?

Replies

• halliemarie86
    halliemarie86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Last month I lost 11 lbs and this month nothing, it has been 3 weeks since a loss. I know for me when I used to do WW every now and then when I stalled I would have a "binge" day to sorta trick my body. I tried that myself 3 days ago so we will see what happens. I posted about my plateau a couple days ago and I was told to maybe switch up my work outs as well. Also there is a website I have seen where you yo yo your WW points, its pretty interesting and may be worth a look. It I can come across it again I will post it. Good Luck!
  • KimKoz
    KimKoz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    For me I had to change my workouts. I stayed the same for close to 3 weeks when decided to change up my routine and my body is starting to lose again. Maybe your body is just getting used to the workouts and you need to increase it in some way to jump start it again.
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    From what I have read the best way to beat a plateau is to mix up your workouts, i.e. change exercises to work different muscles. Also mixing up your food by varying the ratio of protein:carbs:fat.

Your body gets used to your new exercise routine and calorie intake.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    If it is true that they say that on WW that you don't HAVE to eat your work out calories back, and you aren't eating your work out calories back. I would switch it up and eat a little more..

It will trick your body into losing weight again!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What if you dont work out really and hit a plateu? I cant work out due to an injury, but i try to just a couple few minutes a day, at different times, a minute or two at a time.. i havent hit the plateu yet, but know i will, cuz i have with every diet ive ever tried and end up giving up in that time period out of frustration... i want to be prepared for when it happens to me!

oh also, you may not be losing weight, but maybe your losing inches? do u measure urself? also you could be losing weight, but gaining it back in muscle since u excercise alot
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets this at some point - I found mixing up my exercising helped break through. The body is very clever at adjusting to our new regimes, so have to keep it guessing!

Best wishes,

David
  • Jordu
    Jordu Posts: 13
    Options
    My understanding is that the human body learns to do repeated tasks more efficiently over time. So, a workout routine that used to require 800 calories a month ago might require only 400 calories now.

Perhaps you could up the calorie requirements by adding weights to your workout or varying what muscles you are using.

Also, make sure you buy a heart rate monitor and stay in your zone, which will probably 60-70% of your max heart rate (220 minus your age). A good heart rate monitor will probably cost at least $70, but it should prove to be well worth the money in the long run.
  • tadturski
    tadturski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the same for one week. I started adding my exercise (one-hour walk with my dog) to my diary and subsequently I ate more. So I stopped counting exercises as 'burnt calories' and I keep my diary as if I didn't exercise (although I continue walking). It helped and since then I've been losing weight.
    Maybe you should more carefully count your intake of calories?

All the best!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Start zig zagging your diet...Example 1200 calories one day, 1400 the next day, 1100 the following day, 1500 the next day....etc. Google it to get more information.

Also, one day a week, eat one really bad meal. That will throw your body into guessing mode.