Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to count small amounts

pmarti5
pmarti5 Posts: 38 Member
I firmly believe in, if u bite it, write it. however, i'm finding it hard to add small portions to my diary. example: if my son is cooking eggs and i take 2 bites, or 1/2 piece of bacon, or someone tempts me with chips and i only take 3 or 4. does everyone else count the bites? if so, how do u break down the calorie and nutrition count. i'd at least like to be able to count the calories.

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I add 30 cals each day just in case...but i literally will only have a taste of something, i use it for when i'm making a meali'm not planning on eating but need to test along the way

Maybe just add 50 to the days total
  • aflaherty
    aflaherty Posts: 22 Member
    i use the quick tools under the meal or snack. You click on it and then click on quick add calories and you can just estimate.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    I try to log it. Just check the serving size and adjust. If it is one slice of bacon, I will put .50 . I really try to guestimate.
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    I agree, every bite counts and could easily add up if not tracked. I try to gauge what percentage of a serving I eat and use that. Like if a serving of chips is 10 chips and I eat 2, I put in .2 of a serving. I might be off by a few calories but at least it's in my food diary.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    I agree with you, If you bite it, write it. I try to count as close as I can....

For instance, if you are entering potato chips and the serving comes up as 10 but you only ate 5, change the serving to .5 or if you ate 6, .6. For bacon, if it says 1 serving of 2 slices and you only ate 1/2 of 1 slice, change the serving to .25
    For eggs, guess-timate.... say your son made two eggs and it looks like it is about 20 bites, you only had 2... convert that to your serving size of x amount... say .10.

Hope this helps, it's what I do and seems to be working pretty well. Good luck!
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    I agree with you, If you bite it, write it. I try to count as close as I can....

For instance, if you are entering potato chips and the serving comes up as 10 but you only ate 5, change the serving to .5 or if you ate 6, .6. For bacon, if it says 1 serving of 2 slices and you only ate 1/2 of 1 slice, change the serving to .25
    For eggs, guess-timate.... say your son made two eggs and it looks like it is about 20 bites, you only had 2... convert that to your serving size of x amount... say .10.

Hope this helps, it's what I do and seems to be working pretty well. Good luck!

This is what I do too :)
  • pmarti5
    ok so i can change the serving size? was not aware of that option. or do u mean, go into the tools and add a food and change the serving size?

these are all very helpful suggestions!!!

thx!!!
  • pmarti5
    oh my gosh....i didn't even see that u can adjust the serving!!! sorry, i'm kinda new here!!! thanks, i got it now!