Skin Tightening/ Firming creams?

Options
i was reading a post for tummy tucks due to the extra skin after losing alot of weight..... I only need to lose 15 pounds or so but i'd like my skin to be tight too.... i think that since i'm i'm losing only a little and my skin won't need too much help, i thought that if i used a skin tightening lotion like " nivia firming lotion" i might help tighten as i continue to slim down....what does everyone else think...good idea....or am i wasting time and money?

Replies

• sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i was reading a post for tummy tucks due to the extra skin after losing alot of weight..... I only need to lose 15 pounds or so but i'd like my skin to be tight too.... i think that since i'm i'm losing only a little and my skin won't need too much help, i thought that if i used a skin tightening lotion like " nivia firming lotion" i might help tighten as i continue to slim down....what does everyone else think...good idea....or am i wasting time and money?
  • sherris
    Options
    oh and i am eating properly now and excerising lots...i'm not looking for a quick fix...just a help or boost...
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I hate to be Debbie-Downer, sweetie, but there is no such thing as a permantely "firming" lotion potion. The only way to tighten loose sking is through surgery.

I fell into the "cellulite cream" scam and honestly, I should have just listened to all the MFPers!!

The firming lotions, from what I've read, will give the appereance of "tight" skin, but only for a little bit.

:flowerforyou:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. no magic creams.. only magic surgery lol.

SPeaking of Tummy tucks.. what ever happened to that girl ohhh i forget her name but she had one recently!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    But drink lots of water and keep your skin hydrated and it does help somewhat when you're toning up on the elasticity. A lot of it depends on your age though and the amount of sun damage as to whether or not your skin will bounce back.
  • Fab140
    Options

SPeaking of Tummy tucks.. what ever happened to that girl ohhh i forget her name but she had one recently!

I know who you're talkin' about! Cute blonde, right? Lemme find her name and you can ask her.....brb!
  • Fab140
    Options

I know who you're talkin' about! Cute blonde, right? Lemme find her name and you can ask her.....brb!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ambertimmons21

There's her link!! :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Ahh, with the amount of weight loss you are looking for, and your age, assuming you have no pre-existing condition, it will tighten up on its own, it takes a while (probably like a year or so) but it will happen if you eat healthy (the right vitamins/minerals, hydration levels, and exercise are very important for healthy skin) and stay in good shape, trust me, I took off about 50 lbs in a year, and my stomach (of which I lost 7 inches) is almost back to where I would like it to be, about another 3 to 4 months and I'll be there, you just need to give it time.
  • sherris
    Options
    THANKS GUYS FOR THE TIPS!!!! Hydration is my problem but i'll work on it...and i'll work on patience too.... :P lol!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options

YES that's her, thanks!!! :)
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    IMHO I have found "Bio Oil" to be AMAZING!!! There was a post about this in the summer, and many of us reported having great experiences with it. Many also used it on their faces. It is from Europe, and relatively inexpensive ($12 for an ounce or two - but a little goes a long way). I feel as though it helped firm my tummy (it was VERY stretched after gaing 60+ pounds with each pregnancy).

Banks and others are right - it bounces back with time (IF it is not too stretched out, or stretch out for too long).

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Options

YES that's her, thanks!!! :)

:flowerforyou: Welcome