New to MFP and looking for friends

Options
Hi I'm Karyn,

I am 23 years old and am extremely over weight for my age. I'm 5'8 and 235 lbs. I just had a baby girl 8 months ago and i'm looking to get my body that i had pre pregnancy. I'm looking to weigh 185 pounds. Which puts me at a weight loss goal at 50 lbs. I would even be super happy to make it to 200 lbs by my daughter's 1st birthday which is in July. I'm looking for friends to help motivate me, and friends who also need motivation. I'm also going back to school in the fall, so i would love to loose at least 30 lbs by August.
I look forward to hearing from you all..

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi karyn welcome and gd luck, feel free 2 add me:smile:
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Welcome ;} Feel free to add me !! I wish you the best of luck :smile:
  • Dgimson
    Dgimson Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Karyn! I understand about the baby weight. My son is 3 years old and it has taken me forver to drop the 65lbs I gained with him. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck and good thoughts
  • ScrewtheCause
    ScrewtheCause Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!
    Please feel free to add me as a friend as well. :)
    Best of luck with your goals.
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    Hi Karyn,

Like you, I am trying to lose my baby weight. I have a little boy who is nearly 3 and another who is 14 months. I found it really hard to get motivated to try and lose the weight but this website has definitely helped me in the right direction.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck in your weight loss venture :)
  • pmarti5
    pmarti5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    add me too! i need lots of support and motivation too.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Being a balding middle-aged guy without kids we aren't necessarily in the same
    demographic, but..On July 4, 2010 I was 5'8" 235, I joined MFP and PeerTrainer.

Oct 10 - I hit 199
    Mar 16 - 170lbs (today)
    I hope by July 4, 2011 I'll be at my goal.

You can, You Can, YOU CAN DO IT.. Never let a mistake, a slip up,
    an over indulgences, a holiday, a celebration, a depression, anyone
    or anything allow you to stop. Brush a slip up off your shoulders like
    water off a ducks back. Then, the very next bite you eat....have yourself
    be right back on track.

Keep at it, it ain't going to happen over"night"...but it WILL happen over"year"
    23 years got you where you are, you can do one year to get you where you
    want to be. Don't let ANYTHING stop you..
  • RichardGubler
    Options
    Hi Karyn - i'm pretty new to the site as well but loving it! It's a great to implement a principle we use in business a lot "That which is measured improves" - so the main thing is to be faithful and diligent in logging in and you will see improvement. It's a marathon and not a sprint so enjoy the journey and feel free to add me - seems like friends come and go on the site so the more you have the better.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    P.S. Add a picture. Here on MFP let it be the place where you let it all out and
    know all of us here are on your side.
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm new, too, but I'm loving this so far! Counting calories from food and exercise helps me feel like I'm in control of my destiny when it comes to losing weight! Suddenly, successt feels possible. I hope you're feeling the same way, too! :)
  • mytwoprinces
    Options
    Hi Karyn, I'm 27 and had our second child 9 months ago. I'm also working towards loosing the extra pounds/stones that crept on whilst having my two lovely boys. I too went back to 'school' after my first (we call it university in the UK) I graduated last September with a 2:1 in Social Science when our youngest was 3 months, I sat my finals 3 weeks before he came into the world, so although it was very hard studying whilst having children it is most definitely worth it, I wish you the best of luck for it. xx
  • saabrock2008
    Options
    Hello Karyn, I am 32 year old mom of 3. I just had my last daughter 3 months premature 20wks ago so the stress of our long NICU stay along with the pregnancy has added the lbs... I am looking to lose 20lbs!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard.I`ve been trying to loose my baby fat for 25 years.I never stuck to anything and would loose and gain.If I only knew what I know now.My health paid the price for being overwt.I`ve had my 3rd knee surgery 2 weeks ago
    due to being obese.I have lost 104 lbs and still have 20-30 more.You can do it!!The support here is amazing.Do it when you are young so you don`t have to be doing it later in life.
    Good luck!
    jane
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    Hi Karyn! I am fairly new here also. Feel free to add me, I like having friends here. Everyone is helpful, supportive and motivating. :) Anyone else can add me too!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 20, no children, but still looking to lose weight! Add me if you like
  • dkfisher12
    Options
    Hi Karyn,

I'm new as of today. Good luck with your goals. Try to stay motivated and remember, if you fall down, reach out and someone hear will help you back up. Add me too! ;-)
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add me - we all could use the motivation :)