Exercise Calories

Options
Hi, I am a little new to tracking my exercise calories. I have been on MFP for a few months and I exercise 4-5 times a week, 30 mins. to 1 hour. Eat from 1000 to 1500 calories and I am not seeing very much progress. Am I supposed to be eating back my exercise calories? I am losing between 200 to 700 calories in exercise and not eating them back so I am ending up with about 300 to 700 net calories a day. Any help?

Replies

• westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
    [courtesy of another MFP user]
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think the website says it all lol You just have to make sure you get enough calories or you will not lose weight
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a little new to tracking my exercise calories. I have been on MFP for a few months and I exercise 4-5 times a week, 30 mins. to 1 hour. Eat from 1000 to 1500 calories and I am not seeing very much progress. Am I supposed to be eating back my exercise calories? I am losing between 200 to 700 calories in exercise and not eating them back so I am ending up with about 300 to 700 net calories a day. Any help?

If you are netting 300-700 calories a day, you are not eating anywhere near enough food which is why you are seeing no progress. You HAVE to eat more!! Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188509-my-take-on-exercise-calories-please-read-if-you-are-new There are a ton of other threads on this topic too if you search the forums. Good luck!
  • jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree with ValerieMomof2. I noticed that by drinking my 8 glasses of water a day really makes a difference in losing the weight. Stay hydrated :)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    First of all, you should never go below 1200 calories in a day. Your body can go into starvation mode if you do and it will store those calories instead of using them. You could gain weight doing that. And, yes, you need to eat back most if not all of your exercised calories. You should NET 1200 calories minimum per day. So, your calories per minus your exercise calories equals your net. If you still have problems, try uping your calories little by little to see if you really need more. Do about 100 at a time. And drink your water, that will help a lot. Good luck!
  • hgunter10
    hgunter10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I talked to a nutritionist at the gym today and she said the same thing. I am eating way too few calories.