Anyone know any good inside exercises???

Options
if so what are they and what do you do ?!!?!?!? ex: situps!

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    if so what are they and what do you do ?!!?!?!? ex: situps!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh baby, there are millions.

I went on line and made my own routine, and I change it up with new stuff.

My favorites that I love to hate:

Find a step-I am in Florida so that was the hard part for me!
    Hold a 10 lb weight in each hand
    step up with left foot
    step up with right foot
    step down with left foot
    step up with right foot

if you have problem with balance at first, have a beat inbetween with both feet together.

I do this for 10-15 minutes to the beat of my music. Man i burn up a sweat, and burned 200 cals.

I also dance like crazy with a HRM and burn a lot o cals that way, and have fun.

push ups!! wow I couldnt do 1 the 1st time now I am up to 30. Give it a try, I can see muscles in my arms!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Crab walks are GREAT for the arms and core.

Anything involving balance creates a great, strong core.

I do jumping jack and "pretend" jump rope to get my heart rate up.

Basically, if your animals are looking at you like you're crazy, you're doing it right!! :wink:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Dancing?

I don't "dance" but last night, when my new puppy woke me up at 2;00am and was restless, I held her and was trying to comfort her. I found myself just kind of dancing around the living room for about 20 minutes or so singing songs to her (I don't "sing" either)--not long I know but this morning, I was down 1.2 pounds from yesterday. And I didn't get any exercise in yesterday at all because of the new pup except for that little bit of dancing. Yeah, it was probably some fluid weight but not much because I take a diuretic regularly. But 1.2 pounds--I'll take that any way I get it!

christopher-walken-dancing-poster.jpg
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, jumping rope is great, too! And I also do some Podcasts yoga stuff a couple times a week.
  • Fab140
    Options
    Dancing?

I don't "dance" but last night, when my new puppy woke me up at 2;00am and was restless, I held her and was trying to comfort her. I found myself just kind of dancing around the living room for about 20 minutes or so singing songs to her (I don't "sing" either)--not long I know but this morning, I was down 1.2 pounds from yesterday. And I didn't get any exercise in yesterday at all because of the new pup except for that little bit of dancing. Yeah, it was probably some fluid weight but not much because I take a diuretic regularly. But 1.2 pounds--I'll take that any way I get it!

hehe.....Nice to know I'm not the only one that dances with the puppies!!

:flowerforyou: You're the best mommy ever Shore!!!
  • Fab140
    Options
    Dancing?

hehe.....Nice to know I'm not the only one that dances with the puppies!!

:flowerforyou: You're the best mommy ever Shore!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Dancing?

of course you can sing and dance........you may not do it well....but you can do it. I would rather see a silly dance and happy singing than anything in the world!! I love the pup!!
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    any kind of exercise you have enuff space in your house to do is on a DVD. I kinda like T'AI CHI. It' more slow and gentle, a pre-martial- arts or pre-yoga? exercise. Great for anyone who has any kind of movement trouble or balance, bad knees, bad back but first check with your doctor. It's great for older folks.
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    One word....SHRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • greatdanewalker
    Options
    What is shred??
  • summer2984
    Options
    Let's see...

Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds (anywhere from 1-5 miles)
    Tae Bo
    The Firm
    P.U.S.H.

(just to name a few)
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If you have space (say a big room or empty garage) -- do a google video on BURPEES. They use all your major muscle groups. Do 10-20 of them to warmup after a stretch, or do them for 20 minutes and it'll burn a ton of cals. Very simple but effective.

I would do them, but they are VERY hard on my poor little joints, ligaments and tendons, right now.

Yoga can be done indoors, and if you are near a computer, google 'Yoga Workouts' and it will give you free video workouts that'll teach you the different poses. Good for flexibility. ONce you learn the poses, put on your own soothing music and doing a 30 minute yoga workout (depending on what kind of yoga) can burn 100-250 cals per hour.

Ab crunches. Good ole standby, and about 8 (++) different ways you can do them. Add hand weights to increase the resistance and intensity.

Speaking of hand weights. If it's in your budget, you can get dumbells in pairs in sets of 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, and 25 for fair costs (New) at local box stores, used at Play It Again Sports. Very handy and versatile. I am lucky to finally have a treadmill (and if you look around someone is always either selling one CHEAP on craigslist, or giving one away on Freecycle), I add a 3lb weight to each hand, and it's not unlike elliptical exercise. I'm at the point where I'm ready to graduate to 5lb-ers!:smile:

My ultimate exercise is dance. I just don't have a loud enough stereo right now. My goal (within a year) is to buy me my OWN BRASS POLE :blushing: :bigsmile: . Pole dancing, IMHO is the ultimate workout.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/u/workouts.htm

I just found this website and it is so great (I wuz gonna say da bomb, but jeez do i HAVE to always sound over 40?)
  • summer2984
    Options
    Now wait a second, arewethereyet! *I* resemble that remark! After all, I am over 40!
    :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Now wait a second, arewethereyet! *I* resemble that remark! After all, I am over 40!
    :noway:

LOL:laugh:
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot during the week (live in hotel rooms) and I need routine and sometimes the gym available is lame or scuzzy - you get the idea.

Anyway, I developed a routine of inside exorcises that I can do anywhere:

I do 20 push-ups followed immediately by 20 crunches - that is one set.
    I do five sets of those with the shortest rest period I can tolerate while still being able to do the next set.

Then, calf stretches followed immediately by calf raises (20 each leg) followed by 20 squats - that is one set. I do five sets of those with the shortest rest period I can tolerate while still being able to do the next set.

There are lots of ways to do push-ups and if it gets boring, that means it's time to either decrease the rest period or add more sets.

Good luck and keep us posted.