How to use MFP for GOOD and not EVIL!

Options
1) Surround yourself with supportive friends who are not afraid to get on your case if you arent being active enough.

2) Make your diary public to your friends so they can help you with guidance on your eating habits. It's all very well to be under your calorie goal every day but without your diary being public who knows if you ate 3 carrot sticks all day or actually ate healthily?

3) Use your friends. Look at the activities that THEY do each day, get inspiration from them. If somebody tries a new activity, question them and asked how they enjoyed it.

4) Write personal messages. Quite often your friends will miss the general posts. Make communication more personal and motivational by talking to them directly and learning about their goals and fears.

5) Participate in the community. You will find like minded friends there and answers to questions that you might have been too afraid to ask.

6) Be supportive but learn how to critique your friends activities. They are telling you about them for your support, and that includes being able to tell them that they need to pull their socks up.

Replies

• dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    well said!
  • Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome....I love this!!!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! I agree.
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    You go girl.. Well said... best help anyone can get on here is help from friends
  • helluva4
    helluva4 Posts: 51
    Options
    Amen Amen! well said. I just deleted some friends from my profile because of what you spoke about not making diary public and all. It's sad but true. We're all in this together and I know I'm very honest and real about my journey.
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Now you've made me curious how to use MFP for evil. I suppose you could go around spreading misinformation and deflating people's self esteem, but is there something perhaps a bit ... more.... evil?
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Now you've made me curious how to use MFP for evil. I suppose you could go around spreading misinformation and deflating people's self esteem, but is there something perhaps a bit ... more.... evil?

I too would like to know how to use this for evil:bigsmile:
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    hahaha!

How to use MFP for evil?

That's easy. Use it as an EXCUSE for not being active. Request sympathy from you friends instead of help. Ignore the advice they give you which will frustrate them no end. Evil ...!!