Dry mouth and bad taste in mouth all the time

Options
Am I not eating enough or drinking enough?

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water. It is so good for you!
  • sheebs11
    sheebs11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    try drinking more
    i drink about 2Litres of water a day and if i dont i get really dry mouth.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are in ketosis. Not sure if that is spelled right. Where you body uses it fat storage cells as fuel. Try eating a piece of sugar free gum.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Drink water for the dry mouth and eat some carbs for the bad taste/breath. It's a sign of ketoacidosis and can be dangerous for the liver and kidneys and other organs.
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    Options
    I can't drink water. I drink about 6-8 cups of water and 4 cups of cyrstal light per day but my mouth is still dry and has a bad tatse.
  • pollysunshine
    Options
    brush your teeth & floss & use mouth wash after every meal & every snack. WITHOUT FAIL. it makes a huge difference. you won't want to eat as much, simply because you've been brushing your teeth & your mouth is going to be much fresher, all the time. & drink lots & lots of water. carry water with you everywhere you go. it'll keep not only your mouth hydrated, but your entire body. your joints will work better & your skin will be soft & smooth.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Have you started taking any new medications or supplements?
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm with Rhodes... A lot of low/no carb dieters have this problem. Not enough carbs isn't a bad thing though as long as you don't have other health problems such as diabetes. I tend to eat pretty low carb, typically under 50g a day, and way less for net carbs. I make sure i drink at least 2 liters of water, and I also go through a liter at the gym.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you trying to eat per day?
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    Options
    I eat at least 1000-1300 per day. No medications.
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had this problem (very badly) until I started changing my eating habits. Contrary to the comments about low-carb diets leading to it, since I've started eating more protein/fruits/veggies and fewer carbs, my mouth has improved tremendously! Gum and mints can help, but they generally just mask it and sometimes the artificial sweeteners leave a worse taste in my mouth.