low carb lunch idea's?

Options
I'm starting to eat 100-50 grams of carbs each day and I need a good recipe for a low-carb/sugar lunch. The only meat I eat is chicken so this is why it is kind of difficult, I eat eggs for breakfast and chicken for dinner so I want something that is no poultry, I also don't really like fish. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Mimigurken
    Mimigurken Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The Greek Gods traditional /plain yogurt is only 5 gr (4oz). Add fresh blackberries (low carbs). I usually have a salad for lunch.

or mozzarella with tomatoes on wasa multi grain bread (7 gr)
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Beans Salad, Couscous, Soups (I really like chinese-style with shrimps)... Turkey is also a lean meat, don't know if it's too close to chicken.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Quesadillas (made with low-carb corn torillas) filled with sour cream, chesse, and avacado slices.
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    I tend to make wraps using collard greens instead of a bread, pita, or tortilla. Stuff it with avocado, tons of veggies, and whatever protein you enjoy, and your carbs end up quite small....Plus, really low calorie!

4039213.png[/url
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    How about fried chicken?

I low carb dieted for a while and I came up with this.

Breading
    Crush shell less sunflower seeds- 1cup
    Add wheat germ- 1/8 cup
    Favorite chicken seasoning
    Mix all together

Beat an egg in a bowl

Take chicken breast dip it in the egg then dip it in the "breading" and either bake for 30 minutes then flip and bake another 15 at 375 or fry in extra virgin olive oil on a low heat.

The fat content is a little high but it is healthy fat.
  • Kikalina
    Kikalina Posts: 3
    Options
    Green Casserole!!!
    Cut up green beans, asparagus, garlic, onions, sauteed spinach, broccoli, roma tomatoes, turkey sausage and add it all to a 9x13 glass pan. Pour a jar of tomato pasta sauce of your choice over the top and cook at 350degrees for 30mins. I add cheese to the top after 30mins and cook 10more minutes to melt! Then bring as much with you to work as you like and heat it up! Its delicious!!!
  • Kikalina
    Kikalina Posts: 3
    Options
    Ooops! And also add Zucchini!!!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the "Cafe Steamers" by Healthy Choice. The Chicken Red Pepper Alfredo only has 28g of carbs and also has 22 grams of protein. At 260 calories with less than 25% of your sodium intake for the day it is a great choice.

Make sure if you buy some different flavors that you read the nutritional info, not all are created equal!

Hope this helps!

Matt