Results? Where are they?!

Options
I know this isn't going to happen overnight. I have been tracking and working out for a week. When do I get to see results on the scale? It sounds lame if I say I'm dissapointed already, but I kind of am! ;) Bodies are resistant to change, but how long do I have to wait?

How long did you have to wait until you saw results?

Replies

• redhotmel12
    Options
    Keep at it! It took me two weeks to start seeing a change and now it's keeping steady so far for me. Good luck!
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    Usually your first week is a big loss (2-5 pounds maybe). Are you sure you are tracking accurately? Drinking water?

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    Tracking is accurate, I've been double checking the label if it has one. Water - a lot! I am just getting over the "time of the month" - maybe that has something to do with it?
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    look at it this way...you are totally changing the way your body works. Your metabolism and your activity level, it is gonna be like HEY WHOA what are you doing lol
    I worked out for an entire month, boot camp style 4 days a week and only lost 4 lbs!! I was pissed...but I keep with it and the next 4 weeks I lost 7lbs.
    I had to tweek my diet just a little and bam it just clicked. Some plp will also gain because their body is so used to storing all the fat it takes time to reprogram the system.
    I hope I helped good luck to you, dont give up this site is a great resource :)
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I didn't start losing for the first two weeks and in fact gained 2 lbs. on day 2. It's been slow and steady since then. It won't occur over night just like you didn't gain the amount you want to lose overnight. It will happen if you stay with it and stay consistent. Good Luck!
  • j_talley8
    j_talley8 Posts: 11
    Options
    The scale can be your worst enemy! Please don't depend too much on a number change but more on losing inches off your waste, clothes fitting better and your confidence going up! I don't even own a scale, I actually gain weight when I work out and weight train so I rely more on how much better my body looks and fits into my clothes! Muscle weighs more than fat!
  • Thyme_is_Honey
    Options
    I saw results almost immediately. Of course it wasn't until the first ten pounds were gone that I bought smaller pants etc., but after one week I felt great and had lost 5 or 6 pounds (3 during a 3 day cleanse, 3 of fat).

I guess all I can do is point out things that I did that you aren't doing. If that will help? First, cut out the deli meat. It's high in sodium and other "additives" that your body doesn't need, especially when you are cutting weight, and it looks like you eat it daily. Oven roast 2 or 3 chicken breasts to use throughout the week. If you want to lose the optimal amount of weight, remove dairy from your diet for the time being. Although its great and nutritious, it's high in calories and fat. Remove it while you try to reduce your weight and get your calcium through a multivitamin.

You work out a ton! Remember, if you didn't work out a lot previous to this new adventure, a lot is going to change. First, muscle weighs more than fat----so if you are working out and increasing your lean muscle your weight is probably also increasing or at the very least replacing what you are losing so your weight is staying the same. You might see differences in inches (which is great) but might not see it on the scale, at least for the time being. Your body will get tighter and smaller, but since muscle weighs more your weight will likely not decrease (at least not initially).

My biggest advice is to get the 80 oz of water! It makes you feel great, keeps you from having cravings, and also keeps everything flowing through your body naturally. You also know I'm a huge advocate of fish oils: 3000 mg a day! I love it!

I know removing those things from what you currently eat can be a challenge, but you could look and my food diary for some ideas. I'm currently maintaining my weight since I've met my goal (so not cutting weight anymore) but the underlying structure is still there. I'd be happy to give your journal a more thorough lookover and give you more ideas if you want them, just let me know.

Hugs girl, talk soon.
    D