5'5 Woman.. 170 lbs 15 lbs to go.. anyone else like me??

Options
Hi all! I've always been an athlete and I have a large frame. I hold most of my weight in my hips, but generally my weight tends to spread out all over my body. When I was super skinny in the past, I was only be between 150-155, otherwise I'd look like skeletor.. is anyone else similar out there? How many calories do you intake a day?

Side note: I'm training for a half marathon, then a marathon.

Friend me!

Replies

• fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty similar. Also 5'5", and have been an athlete most of my life. I was 172 when I started my journey, and am at 159 now, aiming for 140. I also carry my weight in my hips/butt, and as a former figure skater, my quads are huge. I am taking in 1220 cal/day, + whatever I burn in exercise.
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow! we sound super similar.. def have huge athletic thighs too!! I especially love when people like to point out I have soccer legs! hahaha.. gee thanks!
  • wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    i like you
  • ScrewtheCause
    ScrewtheCause Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5. But for whatever reason I've been having trouble holding on to the extra weight that I gain.
    Doctors haven't helped me much either. According to this site I'm supposed to be taking in 1200 calories...but I haven't exactly been following that. I find myself snacking away most of the day or being addicted to coffee. Can't seem to kick the coffee.
    Good luck with your marathons!. :)
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yeah... the curse of the athletic thighs!! Thanks, jeans manufacturers, for reminding me all the time that women should have little bitty thighs....

I kid. I'm 5'5" and started at 168 (162 with MFP), I'm at about 150 now, trying for 130 but I'm not sure how possible that is-- I was 140-145 when I was running three marathons a year and I was a little poochy and had flabby arms even with hundred-mile weeks. So I don't know what THAT'S about. I'm trying to be really consistent with my diet cause that's the only reason I can think of-- with exercise like that, I literally ate whatever I felt like and never paid attention. So I'm trying to be more consistent, especially as I edge up on 30! Friend me!
  • p222
    p222 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey, I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm 5'5" right now and started at 175lbs. I have a curvy frame, with my weight settling in lower abodmen/hips and chest. I'm trying to get down to 140ish, but that would be VERY trim for me. I find that I just have to ignore the weights that skinny chicks throw around because I have a different body style, and I would look like skeletor at 120. The site has me on 1200 calories, and I stick to that by doing lots of veggie-type snacks, lots of tea and water, and exercising more so I can eat more and not feel deprived
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Then there is me, 5'5" currently at 184 in a size 12 but My goal weight is 165 because of build and muscle mass! This last 20 pounds (down nearly 70 so far) is a pain my butt! lol