The Longest Mile

Options
suzooz
suzooz Posts: 720 Member
I just finished 1 1/2 mile "run" on Wii fit. Granted, it was only 10 minutes, and it was a virtual mile, but a mere few weeks ago, I had a hard time just doing the first "short" run.

Thank you all for being an inspiration to me to get off the couch and start moving again! Here's to many more miles to come (and when the weather gets warmer, perhaps a real mile instead of a virtual one!)

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Congrats!! These milestones may seem small to some people but they are huge for us! I did a mile in 15 minutes on my treadmill and I was SO proud of that, while a lot of people do a mile in 7 minutes! Congrats again and keep up the great work!!
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome and way to go!!! Any accomplishment...whether virtual or not...is a GOOD thing! :) Keep up the good work!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    good job and keep up the awesome work.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    That's great! I am only up to running 2.25 minutes at a time on the treadmill...less than a quarter mile...so from my perspective you are ROCKIN!
  • stephenrobnett
    Options
    congrats, keep up the good work, before long you will move that exercise outside. The weather is changing for the good and the fun really starts. So enjoy
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Sometimes, it is really hard for me to work out -- I would rather vege on the couch.

(And there were many days I could only go 2 minutes on the treadmill at a time -- keep on running!)

Now if I could only learn Zumba !
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Great job run forest run
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    way to go. I also do the Wii fit run and when I started I could barely run the shortest distance now I can run the 30 mins 3 times in a row. Just keeping increasing a little at a time and you will be surprised how you will progress.