I gained weight!

Options
I gained weight because I didn't get on the scale last week. I should weigh in myself everyday otherwise I can not control my weight ! tomorrow will be a new day for me :(

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with the scale and get obsessive about weighing myself...so I put mine in the back of the closet for hopefully the next week or two...just curious, why you think getting on the scale makes you lose weight? I am trying to focus on eating better foods (and smaller portions! my biggest struggle) and drink lots of water...all the scale does is make me mad if I don't lose, and falsely happy if I do...ugh...
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    ohhh no gamizz:( I lost two pounds...But i agree what we did was very hard I'm thankful I can now go back to it every morning it keeps me on track!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm torn on this. Weighing every day makes me frantic. Especially since it seems like the water weight can fluctuate from day to day. Also your various bodily functions and their timing can make several pounds' worth of difference, if you know what I mean.

I probably weigh 3-4 times a week, but Thursday mornings are my "official" weigh-in day.
  • gamizz
    gamizz Posts: 24
    Options
    I gained more than a pound :( , but I will start to use my lovely scale tomorrow!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Scales are evil. Weigh yourself once a week. You can't control your weight on a daily basis.
  • jimmymonkey
    Options
    Yup...keeps me on track !! I only record my weight on Fridays though. Don't loose heart..we all play the yo-yo game. :flowerforyou:
  • paul977
    paul977 Posts: 11
    Options
    you shouldn't have to weigh yourself everyday. putting into mind that you have to eat 3500 calories to gain weight and burn/have a deficit of the same to lose a pound. I would agree with the above by selecting healthier ways to eat. Slowly changing your eating habits is the way to go. Sudden changes will just make you give up. Good Luck.
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way ... I have to see it in order to keep up with it ... its what works for us. My hung is the opposite .... tomorrow is a new day .. I totally feel ya same thing happened to me this week ... I feel I control what I eat when I weigh myself everyday
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Tracking calories on here works wonders for me. And I know it's a little extreme, but I'm going to start weighing in monthly. I know how disappointed I used to feel when I used to weigh in twice daily; once in the morning and once at night. It became way too obsessive and it really discouraged me to the point where I quit for a while. Weekly weigh-ins are good, and taking measurements helps you see your progress also. Sometimes it's in the inches, not the numbers :wink:. Unfortunately I have no self-control whatsoever, so I needed to punish myself and start doing monthly weigh-ins. I hope to be pleasantly surprised at the end of the month. Who knows, maybe that's how I'll weigh in from now on. Do whatever works for you, but never give up. Good luck!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Scales are evil.

LOL. This is why my scale is put away temporarily. Even though I am really tempted to weigh every day (and sometimes at night too)...it's hazardous to my mental health ;)

I'm gonna focus on the 7% of body fat that I lost since last October...keep reminding myself that looking and feeling better is the goal, not just the number on the scale...
  • gamizz
    gamizz Posts: 24
    Options
    I know it's hazadaous to my mental health too :)) , but I know I feel better if I use my lovely scale everyday ( sometimes once sometimes twice ! )