Slim-fast shakes

Options
Hi Everybody,

I started drinking Slim-Fast shakes (well wannabe off-brand Slim-Fast shakes) for breakfast every morning and so far I am really feeling good about it. Does or has anyone done the Slim-Fast diet and have any thoughts on it? They're just very easy and convenient..

Replies

• LauraW116
    LauraW116 Posts: 26
    Options
    Well i used to drink them, they are good when you are in a hurry its better than skipping a meal, i dont drink them anymore cause i kept going over my sugar limit easily when i had one so i just dont drink them cause the high sugar. plus i was hungry after. i think the shake im having now is so much healthier & makes me feel stuffed its shakeology, just gotta prepare it in the blender. http://shakeology.com/
  • tricialynn86
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have tried slimfast and it made me gain weight, its better and healthier for you to eat something like cheerios , oat meal or maltomeal
  • brittanynwillis
    Options
    I drink an Equate shake every morning for breakfast. I find it super easy and convenient (which is essential for me to make time for breakfast). The only problem I have with these shakes are that the Sugar content is SOOO HIGH. I just wish the sugar wasn't soo high, but it's a great way to fit in breakfast!
  • fullmoonhowler
    Options
    I've had a similar experience as LauraW116 did with being hungry afterward and I think it may be due to the fact that sugar leave me wanting nutrients, but I think its a case to case difference. Though if you do find yourself hungry after drinking it, then I would recommend a handful of almonds or some kind of nut to help balance out all the sugar with some protein. I would be more eager to recommend nutrient bar or something of the like over the shakes because of my experience with them.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I agree! I had a shake w/ a banana & was over my sugar limit. I was totally bummed. Haven't found anything else though, I just use it in emergency.
  • banksave
    banksave Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yep agree way too many carbs... I started drinking beach***** Shakeol**y, with vanilla non-sweetend almond milk. 140 cals plus 40 for the 8 oz of almond milk. Low in sugar and over all carbs... well balanced like a multi vitamin... taste okay too.... worth looking into....
  • shanesmama
    shanesmama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was definitely worried about the sugar content. I think I will keep some on hand when I don't have time to make breakfast, but stick with a bowl of multi-grain cheerios with nonfat milk for breakfast, or some oatmeal. I really appreciate it!