SOO discouraged :(

Options
I have approximately 15 weeks left to meet my goal of 150 pounds by my Senior Prom day. My thighs still look like cottage cheese (cellulite) and my belly is barely shrinking. According to my scale, I`m 162 pounds.. if it hasn`t gone up.. i exercise everyday and burn 500 calories.. but it doesn`t seem to be enough. I can barely crack one pound a week. This is more of a rant than anything else, and I `don`t really expect any responses.

Replies

• mikegene
    mikegene Posts: 1
    Options
    how many calories on average are u eating a day and what is ur target amount each day?
  • MrsBlissful
    Options
    Maybe you should try more TONING then actually losing weight? I know how frustrating it can be when the weight just wont FALL OFF like you want it to!! Try toning exercises :] It might help! GOOD LUCK!!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You deserve a response! Its not easy - there is always work to be done to improve how you look and what you eat. Nobody is 100% entirely happy with their body.

But you have a beautiful smile and if you are burning 500 calories a day then you are on the right track! I'd love to see your diary to see if I can help or not - friend me if you want and I might be able to give some pointers on toning up xx
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Its hard to help or give suggestions when your food and exercise diaries are not able to be viewed.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "I have approximately 15 weeks left to meet my goal of 150/I`m 162 pounds/I can barely crack one pound a week"

162-150 = 12
    1 Lb/week x 15 weeks = 15 Lbs.
    162-15 = 147

I see no reason you wont meet your goal...try and remember to stay positive and not dwell on how you look but how much better you feel then when you first started working out.
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Also, one to two pounds a week is a healthy amount. You don't see the results quickly, but if you fall of the "diet" wagon you won't gain the weight back as quickly. Just keep at it. You'll make it. Your goal is in sight!
  • JustAnotherCollegeGirl
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat so you probably gained a lot of muscle. The more muscle you have, the more calories they will burn throughout the day. Just make sure your calorie intake isn't more than 1,500 if you really want to lose that much weight that fast. But you won't see a huge change in weight if you gained a lot of muscle (muscle is good!) immediately. It just takes time, no worries my friend :)
  • red1879
    red1879 Posts: 4
    Options
    i understand how you feel! I have been watching calories, carbs, and working out and i haven't lost anything this week. 1100 calories, less than 50 carbs a day, and 30 mins on wii fit every day. I was informed that I may be holding water weight... be sure to drink PLENTY of water so it flushes you out. You will get there DON'T GIVE UP!!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! Drink your water and keep exercising. Try to add in more raw fruits and vegetables to your diet to help your fiber in take as well. I'm sure you will look amazing for your dance.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you don't keep it up you won't have any success. It sounds like you are doing exactly the right thing. Go back and see what you have achieved and love your body, warts and all it deserves your love and respect.

GG
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Don't give up ...you can accomplish a lot if you set your mind to it. Watch your sodium intake and drink lots of water... may want to also mix up your daily workout a little. if you aren't already try to eat 5-6 times per day. GO FOR IT!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I agree you are on track. But nothing gets you in shape for a big event like 30 day shred, it transformed my thighs. Spend the 10 bucks and thank me later :happy: