What kind of shoes?

Options
amyd03
amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
I am looking for a good pair of shoes to work out in. I have 100+ pounds to lose. So what do you wear?

Replies

• Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I recently just bought a pair of asics gels they are amazing! they have this gel cushioning in the soles of the shoe and they are really comfortable and they help me to run/jog so much better but they are great for any workout. a little spendy, but def worth it
  • lalamcneil
    Options
    i have a pair of kswiss tubes....LUV'EM. :)
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    It depends on what you need your shoes for. I use Saucony's. They're an expensive running shoe. Best advice...go into a sports store and tell them what you are looking for. If they know their stuff...you'll get exactly what you need. Cheers :flowerforyou:
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair of Vibram Five Fingers and they should come in next week :) I'm so excited! They look strange but I like less support in my footwear. Good luck!
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do an exercise class that is 45 minutes long. It is sorta like a circuit workout. Thanks for all the advise so far.
  • ozofeliz
    ozofeliz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For asphalt nike vomero or pegasus, asics gel, etc. I'll buy a vomero 6 next month.
    For hiking , Salomon XA 3d (that i own), Mizuno Ascend, Asics Trabuco..

Spend money in a quality shoes. Yours knees will trank you.

Best option is ask to a pro.

Juan

P.S. For lost wheight , you must walk more than 90 minutos.
  • LiftNic
    LiftNic Posts: 8
    Options
    I agree, go to a sports store and ask for help. Unless you're ONLY going to run, you really want to make sure you get a pair of cross trainer shoes! You need that lateral support. I like Nike, but I also heard that K-Swiss is really great... I think I'll try them for my next pair! Good luck! :)
  • polynha
    polynha Posts: 3
    Options
    Look for a running shoes store. They can help you. Here in Charlotte we have "Run for your life". They will ask you to walk, and then they make recomendations on shoes that it will fit you best. They charge the same price for the shoes as in a regular sport store.