What's up with 30 Day Shred?

Options
So I've been watching all the posts about the "30 day Shred" and I'm curious about it. So curious that I went out and bought it today. I'm hoping that it will help me build a better core for running.
I'm now looking for some support to go along with it. Anyone else out there just starting? Looking for some new friends to keep me motivated!

Replies

• eoisom
    eoisom Posts: 14
    Options
    I started it last wed. and am loving it. I'd be happy to add you as a friend so we can support one another!!!

Good Luck!

Erin
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hiya I am on day 5 of level 2, it's great! although the first few days are hard work and you ache like mad, it only lasts a few days, feel free to add me if you want a fellow shred-buddy lol x
  • polly111
    polly111 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am on Day 3 and loving it. Its a great workout.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I just started it Sat. You can add me as a friend.
  • I_Bake_Cakes23
    Options
    Kym - I have it and would be willing to start it with you today or tomorrow. It's always good to have a support system! Let me know if you're in!
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred?
  • ToNiBeE99
    ToNiBeE99 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on day 3 today. I also saw all the post about it so I decided to buy it and try it out. So far it's pretty good. Good luck!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    it's a good program. i would make one suggestion though and that is to do the program every other day to give your muscles the day to repair and grow that they so badly need.
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just started 3 days ago... Friend me and we can keep each other going!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mssugarca
    mssugarca Posts: 75
    Options
    I was wondering about that muscle resting thing. Whenever I worked out in the gym they always told me to do weight every other day. I dunno though Jillian is a trainer so for 30 days might not be so bad.....still not sure
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Me and a bunch of people on this thread are supporting each other through the shred! im on level1, day 3! Here is the link -
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/190986-30-day-shred-buddy?page=1#posts-2540901

Anyone is welcome to join us!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Mine is being delivered today, I am so excited about it. I hear it's a really intense workout can't wait to get started. Can anyone tell me if you need any type of equipment, weights, resistance strap etc?
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I did it and took 2 days off a week (which is what she recommends with her other workouts like No More Trouble Zones), which seemed to be a good amount of time for my muscles to repair. Like Mondays and Fridays would be my days off.
  • weaziemand
    weaziemand Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started today. I had to take a lot of breaks but I did make it thru the whole tape. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but it's a good sore. Looking forward to have good results. Definitely add me as a friend if you like. :smile:
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Mine is being delivered today, I am so excited about it. I hear it's a really intense workout can't wait to get started. Can anyone tell me if you need any type of equipment, weights, resistance strap etc?

All you need is two small handweights (I got 2lb ones but it depends on your arm strength level - 1-5 lbs I imagine would be good), and a yoga mat if you're working out on a hard floor as there are some floor exercises. That's it!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options

All you need is two small handweights (I got 2lb ones but it depends on your arm strength level - 1-5 lbs I imagine would be good), and a yoga mat if you're working out on a hard floor as there are some floor exercises. That's it!

Okay great and thanks got the yoga mat have to pickup some weights!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred?

It's a 30 day exercise program DVD by Jillian Michaels (of The Biggest Loser). It's so popular becasue it's not complicated. It's just one DVD, there are 3 levels to progress to, you only need weights (around 2-5 lbs) and a mat if you're not working out on carpet and less than 30 minutes a day. It's also quick. The actual workout is about 20 minutes with a 5 minutes warm up and cool-down. Anyone can fit in less than 30 minutes in their day.

The first few days are hard but as Jillian promises and as anyone can tell you who has done it . . after day 3 it starts to get easier and you can feel the effects (more endurance and toning ) and start to see results in a little more than a week. The debate is still out on whether you should do it 30 days straight, but just listen to you body. You can do it on consecutive days because the weights you use are not that heavy, I'm on day 10 and I've taken a few days off. So my 30 Day Shred may end on beine a 35 Day Shred LOL!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I started it on Sunday, today is the first day I'm not aching, but I struggled with yesterday's shred, so not looking forward to it this morning. Will do it though :-)

Anyone wants to add me as a friend for shred support, please do!
  • 1csdancer
    1csdancer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    starting mine tomorrow morning :) im in
  • kym38
    kym38 Posts: 48
    Options
    How's everyone coming? Day 2 down!!:tongue: