What to drink?

Options
I'm trying to be a good girl when it comes to diet and exercise, but I really am not that good of a girl and am not ready to give up drinking alcohol all together. So does anyone have any good suggestions for what to drink?

Replies

• heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Water - to stop the wrinkles appearing as the weight goes down.....
  • FatDoctor
    FatDoctor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to a glass of wine or a light beer when out with friends. It is important to take the calorie content into account. :drinker: cheers!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Save soem calories and do a work out and you can have some alcohol. I think i'd rather shoot myself than never have alcohol ever again *lol* I do have a drink most weekends.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm a water girl probably drink once a year if I'm lucky. I hope someone else can give you a good tip. For me I don't see the point in the cals it uses up. Good luck with your goals :flowerforyou:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    On average, a glass (appx. 5 ounce pour) of wine or a light beer will run you about 100 calories. Enjoying one glass of red wine is good for your heart, two glasses of red wine is even better for your heart, but once you get to three glasses all of those good properties are cancelled out.

A shot of vodka is about 60 calories; put that in Diet Coke and make what I call a Skinny B*tch.

If you're going out to a restaurant, beware of the margaritas, pina coladas, or pretty much anything blended. If you wanna see something scary, look up a margarita from Islands. You'll be completely :noway: at the calories!

I'm a girl who love her alcohol, and I'm not going to give it up just to lose a couple pounds. My POV is that I'm doing a lifestyle change, but that change doesn't include neglecting myself of the foods and drinks I enjoy.
  • Lady_G
    Lady_G Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with Paiinten, bascially do some excercise to add calories to your daily limit this way you can have drink. Also try and stick to spirits like vodka and gin as these are less fattening than beer or wine. Just try not to go too over the top. Have fun :drinker:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Agree...nothing wrong with a glass of wine if you take the calories into account....I read comewhere also that vodka was the lowest alcohol in calories
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I should have said earlier. Do watch how much your drinking, not just because of the calories but i have found since i've been eating less alcohol effects me more. I simply can't drink in the volume i used to be able to. I get tiddly a lot quicker.

Bailey's is my big calorie drink but i do love wine too.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    On average, a glass (appx. 5 ounce pour) of wine or a light beer will run you about 100 calories. Enjoying one glass of red wine is good for your heart, two glasses of red wine is even better for your heart, but once you get to three glasses all of those good properties are cancelled out.

A shot of vodka is about 60 calories; put that in Diet Coke and make what I call a Skinny B*tch.

If you're going out to a restaurant, beware of the margaritas, pina coladas, or pretty much anything blended. If you wanna see something scary, look up a margarita from Islands. You'll be completely :noway: at the calories!

I'm a girl who love her alcohol, and I'm not going to give it up just to lose a couple pounds. My POV is that I'm doing a lifestyle change, but that change doesn't include neglecting myself of the foods and drinks I enjoy.

That is my opinion as well, I don't want to make any changes I can't stick to long term, and I know that giving up alcohol wouldn't be a long term change.
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be a good girl when it comes to diet and exercise, but I really am not that good of a girl and am not ready to give up drinking alcohol all together. So does anyone have any good suggestions for what to drink?

Hiya, I'm exactly the same haha, I just can't not drink if I am out for a night out or something. (I'd love to be one of these people who don't need to have a drink to have fun, but I'm just not! haha)

I've googled til I can't google no more and found that the best thing for me was to just drink vodka and lemonade it has the least calories in (for me, I don't lilke soda water or anything like that) So now when I go out, I just stick to that.

I am a big alcopop and shot lover, so drinking vodka and lemonade is a bit boring lol but nevermind. If I'm having a night out ( I dont drink in the house, I just fall asleep!) I make sure I do some extra workouts so I can have that extra vodka haha!!

I'm not gonna tell you to drink water instead of alcohol, cause where is the fun in that! ;)

Rhiannon x
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options

That is my opinion as well, I don't want to make any changes I can't stick to long term, and I know that giving up alcohol wouldn't be a long term change.

mine too :) i dont see the point in giving up on having a drink with friends and having a fab nite out once in a while :) i generally stick to vodka and diet irn bru as diet coke n vodka goes for my stomach the next day lol :)

have fun!!

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • lougar79
    lougar79 Posts: 5
    Options
    the vodka and diet coke is a brilliant suggestion, apparantly whiskey has the lowest amount of carbs (if you count that) white wine topped up with soda for a long spritzer isgood in the summer, gin and slimlinet tonic also yum, or do what I did and get pregnant (that will eliminate ALL temptation lol!!!)

Lou x
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    WHISKEY AND WATER - low on calories and easy on the hangover the next morning due to the rehydration...it is not veryone's cup of tea (bwahahahahahah) but I love my whiskey so it makes me happy...
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    the vodka and diet coke is a brilliant suggestion, apparantly whiskey has the lowest amount of carbs (if you count that) white wine topped up with soda for a long spritzer isgood in the summer, gin and slimlinet tonic also yum, or do what I did and get pregnant (that will eliminate ALL temptation lol!!!)

Lou x

Thats a drastic way to go tee total lmao!

Back to OP. If you want a drink, have a drink, log it first and earn the calories. That goes for pretty much anything. If I want chocolate/chips/cake I'll earn it.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i switched from beer 143 calories to captain morgan and diet 60 calories. the only problem is they go down faster so on days we start at 9pm and close the bar 5 hours later i order an ice water at the same time.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    white wine and soda is not that high in calories so im told:smile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Oh and a fun fact about diet sodas and alcohol...apparently the way the chemicals in diet soda interact with the alcohol makes for a STRONGER alcoholic effect. Who'da thunk?
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    If you want a drink, have a drink, log it first and earn the calories. That goes for pretty much anything. If I want chocolate/chips/cake I'll earn it.

Same here, it all tastes so much better when you have worked hard for it lol x
  • princess985
    Options
    I like drinking vodka, soda (the sparkling water kind), and fresh lime....the lime is good for you! Diet coke is full of bad stuff. And after a while it all gets too sweet...but thats just me, depends what your tastebuds like I suppose :)
  • skinnymoomoo
    Options
    I like drinking vodka, soda (the sparkling water kind), and fresh lime....the lime is good for you! Diet coke is full of bad stuff. And after a while it all gets too sweet...but thats just me, depends what your tastebuds like I suppose :)

Ooh I might try this!!! I like diet coke, but haven't had any for ages, full of sweeteners and other nasty stuff. I don't like soda water on it's own, but with a dash of lime, that sounds nice!! :) (will let you know how I get on, I'm out this friday!) x