Only 0.5kg lost in last month

Options
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm sticking to my calorie goals (for the most part, a little over on the long weekend we just had here). I am riding to and from work 1 - 2 days per week (45min ride each way) and am active with my kids. What do I need to do to get under 70kg? I really don't want to go back to Optifast and am starting to think it's the only thing that will work. HELP PLEASE

Replies

• Willstephens1
    Willstephens1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this may be the obvious one but are you eating enough. I cycle to work quiet a lot, and when i do cycle, i have to eat loads extra just to get back to my net calorie goal (i burn around 900 calories a day cycling).

I also upped my calorie goal as i was barely losing and since i did it i appear to be losing at a more steady rate (granted only 1lb a week but its consistent).
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    First, I would say that losing .5kg isn't "fast" by any means, but I would say that it's healthy.
    Second, it's difficult for any of us on here to assess what could be problematic without being able to see your food diary.
    Third, I've never heard of Optifast before. I looked it up. The only thing it has, from what I can see, that you can't just do on your own is accountability/nutritional counseling. I hate to see someone pay for something they could do themselves.

It's hard to be accountable to yourself. It's hard to look at your own situation objectively.

I would say don't get frustration, certainly don't give up, don't expect to lose 10kg in a month, keep your head up, smile and want a overall healthier lifestyle for yourself - not just to be thinner.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exersise calories ? Are you drinking enough water? getting enough sleep?

You might also find the links below helpful...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • rcambrell
    Options
    No i don't get enough sleep, two kids and working 2 jobs.

No I don't eat my exercise calories, in general

Probably also don't drink enough water.

I am trying to be accountable hence doing it this way.