When you want to lose weight you must prepair for war on 3 f

Options
What I have learned so far about losing weight and being successful . You have to prepare ,you will be fighting on three fronts. You will be fighting your body to do something it doesn't wanna do, you will be fighting your cravings for junk,greasy and fast foods and you will be fighting a mental battle that will keep your mind from registering the progress.

So it does become hard to win this war but it is not impossible , like any war you must prepare yourself to go all in. Best thing I can tell you is if you tried diets in the past and it hasn't worked, use it as preparation for the war ! no matter how many times you failed ,use it . You then know what your going into and can be better prepared. ( more prepared than I was , lol )

Your body is gonna give you hell to exercise, it is gonna fight you the whole way and not wanna do anything in the form of exercise you put it through, push through it, in a months time your body will adapt to the change and enjoy it !

Mentally your gonna look in the mirror and not see change, to combat that, get a measuring tape and measure body parts every once a month and then you can see how your body is really changing. Dont rely on your eyes because your mind plays tricks on you .

MFP should be your weapon of choice as well !

P.S MFP doesn't only help you to count calories it also trains you to be aware of the calories you will be consuming without calorie counting.

The better prepared you are the better chance you have of succeeding, body builders prepare for weeks to start training for competition.

These are things that seem useful to me and I hope they will be useful to you.

Replies

• forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good post.

Battle on because we fight a good fight.
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    Fight the good fight! Congrats on the loss!
  • bluesqueen
    bluesqueen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Its a lifetime war..just one battle at a time. Good post. Thanks.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Right on !!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Especially the comment about the mind playing tricks on us and NOT seeing the progress.... I lived it this weekend, BUT will be getting the measuring tape out this weekend ;) Thanks for the reminder.
  • kacc24
    kacc24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well put...I will have to keep this in mind and your results speak for themselves.
  • dgnagy
    dgnagy Posts: 19
    Options
    Well said! The mental game is the toughest one, I think...
  • andrea777
    andrea777 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    totally worth fighting for...! great post!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You got it!!! This Is War!!!

Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • Pretty1one
    Pretty1one Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love the post. So true
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Love this!! I may steal it and post it on my blogspot, I'll give you the credit-no worries there!! Its just very motivational, and I know when I have my hard days would be a good thing to read!! Thanks so much for posting this!!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    So true---thanks.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Ty for the kind words everyone :o)
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Never a truer word spoken. If you can win the mental battles, you're most of the way there.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Its a lifetime war..just one battle at a time. Good post. Thanks.

That is for sure , so many people say it's a life style change ,but you don't quite grab that concept until your actually doing it . lol
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So very very true and so well said. Congrats on all your success and keep up the good work.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    You forgot the 4th front: family and friends! ... or people around you in general.
    They are afraid of you changing, they are scared you might want to change them too. They will sabotage you again and again, on purpose or not. Once they know you want to lose weight, they talk to you and try to change your mind. They'll say you're just fine the way you are, you don't need to lose, they love you anyway, but they won't say you look better when you lost weight, they won't congratulate for your successes and they won't cheer you up when you're down.

And yes! MFP is the best weapon we can have, on either front.

MM
  • kristarablue
    Options
    WHAT A GREAT POST. You are absolutely correct about the war, unfortunately, I am not sure the war ever ends, or if it is supposed to end. It is through are struggles that we become stronger and better able to understand the difficulties of others and to understand others is truly a gift. However in saying that, the whole weight loss struggles thing sucks.

I have been fighting on all levels however I will say for some reason the food cravings are not an issue with me yet. However I had to give up all sweets, soda and artificial sweeteners to get rid of the cravings. The physical war has been a much tougher battle. I have gotten to the point that I enjoy working out and actually look forward to it, however I seem to be injury prone with continual difficulty in this area.

The mental war is probably the most difficult battle for me. I have not measured myself at all to date, what a wonderful idea, I wish I would done this have so that I could have tracked my progress in that respect as well. I know logically I have lost over 70 pounds and there must be a difference, I look at my son and think “dam I have lost Dylan,” as he is about 75 pounds, but it is often so difficult to see the difference when I look in the mirror or when I look at pictures. All I see is a fat girl that has so much farther to go. I am terrified every day that I will gain the weight back over night, or that I will not lose anymore. I can deal with the exercise and eating, however I have yet to figure out how to battle the mental aspect.

Mamoonie, I have not had issues with the 4th war. I have been blessed to have had overwhelming support from my family and friends. Constant support and encouragement from every person in my life, I am truly blessed. But just remember, you have wonderful support from MFP and let that be your encouragement.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bumpin to read a bit later...

Cause I KNOW it's gonna be good Danny! :drinker: :wink: