cant seem to lose the pounds but yes the inches. HELP!!!

Options
I need some help here. I have a problem shedding pounds but not inches. I currently burn 2,969 calories a day and need to consume 2,000 according to my trainer. I go to train 3 times a day and go to zumba dance 3 times a day as well so i work out 6 days out of the week. I cant seem to get any lower than 253 in pounds. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I know that i am currently struggling to take in the 2,000 calories a day that i am supposed to consume and each day i can only make it to 1,200 to 1,600 and i cant get any closer to 2,000 and i DO eat 5 times a day. 3 normal healthy meals and 2 snacks. i cant make these snacks into small meals because i dont know what meals i can turn them into? i need help and ideas and it needs to be something that wont need a fork or spoon if possible since im not allowed to have meals like that at my desk at work. someone please help me i really do what to shedd the pounds but im at a stand still and i hate it! thank you

Replies

• mwhartley
    mwhartley Posts: 35
    Options
    I think your body might be getting used to the routine. During the 3 days with the trainer, ask them to do different exercises every 6 weeks. So for example instead of using machines, try dumbbells for certain exercises. Also maybe try a different routine where you maybe stop zumba for a little while and try a different aerobic activity. I know when I plateau I need to change up exercises and I kick start another spike of weight loss.
  • Darlyn4u
    Darlyn4u Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the advise Mjnkm1370 but my trainer does change up the workout that we do everytime i see him i dont do the same thing those 3 times that i see him he does change it up for me. i do differnt things with him from weights and dumb bells to jumping jacks and other things that include the machines at all sometimes. The thing is that i have been told to maybe drop zumba but i just cant seem to do it since i LOVE to dance and the instructor is my favorite and she does differentl dances every time i see her its never the same.
  • Moun
    Moun Posts: 1
    Options
    If you're still losing inches it's good, right? Those should be the priority, not the weight on the scale. Muscles weigh more than fat :)

However perhaps you are not getting your pulse rate high enough? Like mentioned before, when the body gets used to a certain kind of exercise it's easy to stay in a comfortable heart rate zone. Perhaps despite not noticing you're not pushing as hard as you should be?
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    your doing 3 Zumba classes a day!!! Wow. Your are losing inches and not pounds because you are gaining muscle. I don't think that is a bad thing. But if you have a personal trainer, I would discuss with her/him.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I always said I'd be content to weigh 400 lbs, as long as I could still be a size 6. haha I hope you get it figured out. Good luck!!! And great job getting in a workout everyday.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Surely the inches dropping is better than the pounds! I'm losing lots of inches and that makes me happy, even though my weight isn't dropping as quickly :)
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    KETTLEBELL = Problem Solved
  • Darlyn4u
    Options
    i use the kettle ball all the time with my trainer in different ways
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches, you're losing body fat, so you're doing great. How long have you been on this program? When you first start a program of lifting like you are doing with your trainer, your initial strength gains will be from neural adaptations. Then within the first couple of weeks, your body makes adaptations to energy storage. For several weeks, up to a few months, you will store more glycogen in your muscles. That glycogen is stored with water. The more you workout, the more your body will demand that extra glycogen, so the storage of glycogen is the body making sure it is optimally able to fuel the activity. When the glycogen is being used to store as energy like that, then it is able to be used during exercise. That usage during exercise is good because the process of fat burning needs a by product of glycogen conversion to ATP in order to even start. Since you are losing inches, you are obviously using the glycogen to get the pyruvate by product to burn fat during your workouts. Eventually, your body will get to the point that it is maxed out on the amount of glycogen it will store. Then your strength adaptations will come from increasing the actual muscle fiber size. But also, when you get to the point where you are maxed on glycogen storage, you will start to see the scale go down because you are still burning that fat, but not seeing it negated on the scale by the added glycogen and water storage. You are doing it right, so keep it up!!!

Now, as for getting those extra calories, I recommend a piece of fruit or two that you can eat at your desk. Or maybe some baby carrots. Or any other item you'd put on a veggie tray as finger food at a party. Another option is a ready to drink protein shake. Some of them are pretty good and others are absolutely horrible. Go to your local GNC or similar store and see if they have some individual ones you can try to see which ones you like. Personally, I like EAS Myoplex Lite in Chocolate Fudge. Tastes like chocolate milk. ;) Chocolate milk is another good snack for after a workout because it's been proven to be very helpful in recovery.
  • Darlyn4u
    Options
    no silly im doing 3 zumba classes a week lol
  • Darlyn4u
    Options
    Hello Training with Tony. I've been on this program since January and I love losing these inches and thank you fot all your advise i will try bringing some veggies or fruite with me i already try to eat either eggs eith spinch, tomatos and muchroom in the morning or drink a strawberry protien shack with oatmeal added very good and very filling. Thank you so much for your encouragement and support it really helps keep me motivated as well when i see the results of my hard work and nights of coming home drenched in sweat lol especially from the zumba but sooooo worth it.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Your are losing inches and not pounds because you are gaining muscle.
    This. The lbs will soon start shedding.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Really good info on this thread, I find myself in the same boat....Gonna change some things up on my routine and see if that confuses my body enough to drop some more on the scale. No problem dropping the inches though!! :wink:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? I struggle to believe anyone female needs 2900 cals a day unless they are an olympic athlete. If I was eating 2000 cals a day I would gain weight, not lose (I do 3 cardio, 2 strength sessions a week, an hour each, around 600-700 cals a time).