fasting??

Options
how does everyone enjoy their holidays without losing any progress with theyre weightloss. i was thinking maybe a fast the day before or the day after??. wut do you think??

Replies

• starrbright585
    Options
    I actually lost 5 pounds over december by doing a lot more strength training to boost my metabolism and make my body more efficient at burning fat
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    I actually lost 5 pounds over december by doing a lot more strength training to boost my metabolism and make my body more efficient at burning fat

did you use weight??. im doing a toning video, idk if tht will help or not. maybe if i do it an hour instead of half an hour??. im just getting started tho soo idk if i cud make it tht long. lol. :):)
  • emmascott
    emmascott Posts: 249
    Options
    Any form of exercise will boost your metabolism. I'm trying to do an hour of something a day. In fact, Im eating more than ever. Some days Im having 1600 cals if ive burned off 400 & ive lost 18lb so far doing this???

Good luck.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    Any form of exercise will boost your metabolism. I'm trying to do an hour of something a day. In fact, Im eating more than ever. Some days Im having 1600 cals if ive burned off 400 & ive lost 18lb so far doing this???

Good luck.

good job :):) im just getting back into exercising soo hopefully ill build my endurance&strength up quick.
  • starrbright585
    Options
    i'm a really big fan of free weights actually. doing anything that incorporates multiple muscle groups gives you maximum calorie burn. squat presses, bicep curls with lunges etc. i usually use 5-8 pound weights. i also go to a gym where there's a ton of weight machines.
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    As one who partakes in regular fasts and cleansing, I would not recommend it to avoid weight gain. The truth is, unless you consume over 3,500 calories in one day, you won't gain excess body fat. You will, however, add "STOOL WEIGHT".

Stool weight is excess feces in the intestines from over-eating. A 1 to 3 day fast is good to help cleanse the intestinal tract of toxic build-up from stool that remains in your system for long periods of time and from a diet high in preservatives. However, even then you need to know what you are doing in order for a fast to be effective.

My suggestion is, if you know you are going to eat more, get up early and make exercise your number one priority. When I was able to run, I'd wake up a little bit earlier each Christmas, Easter, Birthday, (holiday morning) and run 10K (I normally only ran 6K each day). Then if I did over eat, I'd come home and go for a late night walk to help digest the food. The morning after that I'd wake early and go for another 10K run. The following day I'd resume my regular dietary and exercise patterns.

Conversely, you can play around with how you eat your holiday meal. For example, if you know dessert is your weakness and someone is serving your favorite dessert, try to shave off calories from some other high-calorie, high-fat part of your meal and allow yourself a bit of dessert. Too, you might consider asking in advance what the meal consists of so you know ahead of time what you'll eat and what you'll forgo. It'll help you stay 'reasonably' on-track without completely blowing it.

Finally, if you find you do over-eat and are feeling physically bloated and mentally anguished, to help empty your stomach of excess food, drink a strong brew of freshly grated ginger in hot water. And to help rid the body of excess stool build-up, consume a large glass of 100% prune juice or a quarter cup of 100% aloe vera juice mixed with juice (it's a bit strong in taste and the juice helps to dilute it). I'd suggest having the prune juice or aloe vera juice an hour before bed. Make sure you drink a little extra water with it too.