Tamtastic...

Options
I remember awhile back you posted about losing your hair and asking if there was any vitamins or minerals etc that you might be missing that would make it stop. Did you ever find anything that worked? I used to have pretty thick hair and it's falling out like it did after having my kids. Just wondering if you ever figured out what to do about it or if you were taking a vitamin or supplement to help.

Thanks,
Heidi :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I remember awhile back you posted about losing your hair and asking if there was any vitamins or minerals etc that you might be missing that would make it stop. Did you ever find anything that worked? I used to have pretty thick hair and it's falling out like it did after having my kids. Just wondering if you ever figured out what to do about it or if you were taking a vitamin or supplement to help.

Thanks,
    Heidi :flowerforyou:
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    have you tried taking flaxseed capsules? I hear that the Omega 3 is suppose to be good for your hair and nails? Check out your local health food stores they may have some suggestions as well.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    I haven't tried anything as of yet, but I'm pretty much willing to try anything! I don't have bald patches or anything like that, so it's not coming out in clumps or anything, but my ponytails sure aren't what they used to be back in the day ;)

Thanks for the flaxseed suggestion!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I just saw my Naturopathic Doctor on Saturday, and told her about my low cal diet here, and her warning was to watch for:

(1) Feeling cold.
    (2) Hair falling out.
    (3) Feeling exhausted upon waking or after exercise.

All signs that the low calories are affecting the thyroid. Just symptoms she said to watch for (she was concerned about my eating 1400 calories with such a rigorous workout schedule).

Maybe something to talk to the doctor about, or up your calories (if this even pertains!).
    :flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, but Steve Martin was taking megavitamins for awhile, but had to stop because they turned his hair from white to brown! :grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! Mine has slowed down and seems to be coming back. I think it was a "hormone" type thing with my weight loss. I wasn't starving or doing anything wrong but our bodies react to any drastic change in weird ways.

I just started to make sure I was eating enough protein, iron, good fats and taking a multi-vitamin and it seems to be headed back to normal!

Let me know how you do!!!! :happy: