Protein

Options
Hello all,

I just recently switch to myfitnesspal from Weight Watchers and so far, I'm liking it. I seem to have no trouble following the calorie count, but tend to be going a bit over on protein. Anyone else? Thoughts on this?

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I go over a little bit on protein, too. I try to plan everything out the day before and examine it and see where i can exchange items if I have too much protein or fat.
  • leb89
    leb89 Posts: 54
    Options
    going over on protein is perfectly fine. MFP sets it low, and your carbs high. You can manually change it if you want.
  • hugsmindy
    hugsmindy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance....I appreciate it!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Agreed---carbs are way too high and proten is WAY too low.

I consistently eat 120 g of protein a day and 100 gr of carbs a day---has been very successful for me.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    MFP goals for protein are too low.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I spoke with a dietician that has made her living around helping people lead healthy lives and helping them release weight (she won’t say lost) the other day about the whole calories, net calorie thing and she said and I quote…” Screw the calories and the net calories and focus on your protein” (don't worry she is not the adkins type, she is actually a vegitarian) She recommends a lot more protein than MFP recommends. I always go over my protein.
  • SherryGirl
    Options
    I switched back from WW too, not only is this easier to use but the cost is so much more affordable! I don't really have a problem with the protein, as I seem to keep it in check, its the other stuff! Clean Protein is always easier to burn off. I don't like how high MFP has the fat levels but I am having a hard time keeping that down too! It will all come I am sure. Planning is always the key! =)