getting back on track

Options
So I met my first short term goal of losing 20 pounds for my best friend wedding. The wedding was saturday, it was great and beautiful and I had a blast. I felt great in my gown and had an awesome time not worrying about what I ate this past weekend. I didn't work out all last week because I was so busy and with not really watching what I ate this weekend I won't be surprised if I stay the same weight or even gain this week, and I will be ok with that.

I meant to get started back on track today but I was sick and left work early and slept all day. Dinner wasn't so great and I didn't work out. I am fairly certain I will get back on track tomorrow, but I am a little worried that with the wedding out of the way, I won't be as diligent. I still have work to go to my next goal, and there is a possibility that I will have my own wedding next year to lose weight for, and picturing myself 50 pounds less in a wedding gown is definitely a motivator. But like I said, with my more short term goal out of the way I am a little nervous about getting back on track. Just looking for a little support I suppose, some words of wisdom to get my butt back on the wagon tomorrow. Thanks!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So I met my first short term goal of losing 20 pounds for my best friend wedding. The wedding was saturday, it was great and beautiful and I had a blast. I felt great in my gown and had an awesome time not worrying about what I ate this past weekend. I didn't work out all last week because I was so busy and with not really watching what I ate this weekend I won't be surprised if I stay the same weight or even gain this week, and I will be ok with that.

I meant to get started back on track today but I was sick and left work early and slept all day. Dinner wasn't so great and I didn't work out. I am fairly certain I will get back on track tomorrow, but I am a little worried that with the wedding out of the way, I won't be as diligent. I still have work to go to my next goal, and there is a possibility that I will have my own wedding next year to lose weight for, and picturing myself 50 pounds less in a wedding gown is definitely a motivator. But like I said, with my more short term goal out of the way I am a little nervous about getting back on track. Just looking for a little support I suppose, some words of wisdom to get my butt back on the wagon tomorrow. Thanks!
  • fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Options
    Don't you worry! :flowerforyou: Be good to yourself for a few days after being sick! You'll be ready to easy back into it in a few days.

Just the fact that you are aware of your fear of slipping up is gonna keep you on the path. Know what I mean? If you were in la-la land for an *extended* period and not even thinking about it at all, then you might have reason to worry about falling off the wagon. One week off for wedding prep is ok! Weddings are a lot of work, especially when you are closely involved! I'm sure your friend really appreciated your support!

Think about how great you felt in the bridesmaid's dress, and how you'll feel even 10X better in your wedding dress next year b/c you'll be rockin it!! You've made great progress and you have what it takes to keep truckin!
  • ranhound
    ranhound Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's a life long thing isn't it? Now that I am looking at how many calories things are and how much or little exercise calories I have earned, I just can't ever go back to those eating habits I used to have. Maybe indulging once in a while, but this is a whole new way of life, right?. It is good you are establishing good habits while you are still young.

89050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    The purpose of making a goal in the first place is to reach it, right? Well, you met your first goal. That's great!What's your second goal?