workout videos

Options
There are so many work out videos its overwhelming! Any suggestions? Any results? and how soon did you see any changes?

time to ebay shop :bigsmile:

Replies

• lmwardx
    lmwardx Posts: 74
    Options
    There are so many work out videos its overwhelming! Any suggestions? Any results? and how soon did you see any changes?

time to ebay shop :bigsmile:
  • Babs20
    Babs20 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love the Turbo Jam videos and Gunner Peterson.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Leslie Sansone...I started seeing results pretty quickly but that was because I did an overhaul of my life...cutting/counting calories and exercising...but she says that you will lose inches if you do her workouts for 10 days...
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I love most vidoes at beachbody.com
    I love Gunner Peterson's Core series.
    Denise Austins Pilates Video
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jari Love's Get Ripped lately in an actual every other day routine.

I like the fact that you can use whatever weights you have, in whatever sizes, and just work at your own level. It's only been a few days so far, but I can already tell that I'm carrying myself differently, and my appetite seems different somehow.

I do use my step with this one, as a bench to lie on for part of the weight lifting and ab work.
    (I never use my step as an actual step, though, too tough on my knees!)

If you've never considered trying weights, give it a shot. It seems to be working for me, guess I was tired of my 'toning' dvds.

Oh, and take a look over at collagevideo's website, you can preview things on the site, and return opened dvds if you're not satisfied with the workout.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I started with hip hop abs. I did basically no exercise except the treadmill and the hip hop abs really made a difference. Now I am doing taebo and Leslie Sansone WAP Express and I have seen a difference with these with leg strength being the focus for me now.
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I NEED ADVICE MYSELF. I AM REALLY OBESE WHICH I HAVE MENTIONED BEFORE. MY BODY IS NOT VERY STRONG AND I GET SHORTWINDED EASILY SO, WHAT TYPE OF EXERCISES WOULD BENEFIT ME WHILE LOSING WEIGHT? I AM UNABLE TO USE TREADMILL DUE TO SPURS ON HEELS AND UNABLE TO USE SHOULDERS DUT TO ARTHRITIS AND ROTAR CUFF TEAR. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET MY BODY TONED UP BUT WHAT CAN I DO. SURE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWERS. THANKS.

JOY:flowerforyou:
  • lmwardx
    Options
    I NEED ADVICE MYSELF. I AM REALLY OBESE WHICH I HAVE MENTIONED BEFORE. MY BODY IS NOT VERY STRONG AND I GET SHORTWINDED EASILY SO, WHAT TYPE OF EXERCISES WOULD BENEFIT ME WHILE LOSING WEIGHT? I AM UNABLE TO USE TREADMILL DUE TO SPURS ON HEELS AND UNABLE TO USE SHOULDERS DUT TO ARTHRITIS AND ROTAR CUFF TEAR. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET MY BODY TONED UP BUT WHAT CAN I DO. SURE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWERS. THANKS.

can you do swiming excersizes? or exercise bike? I have a hard time doing abs its like my belly is too big and in the way. I also have a foot problem? it hurts on my heals and arch when i want its like its bruised and the doc said i lost my arch and my feet are flat is that the same as heel spur? any who its been hurting but i still push to work out.
  • lmwardx
    Options
    Has any one used the fitness made simple work out?

also there are so many turbo jams.... which one?
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Are you getting treatment for your heel spur? I ended up having to have a cortisone shot in my heel as it was so bad and it felt great within a day and didn't come back.

Larissa, can you get some orthodics for your shoes to help with your arch? Or if you can, go to a store where they will analyze your foot and put you in a pair of proper running/walking shoes that have a lot of support for people with flat feet. You can also research shoes online.

I do a lot of running and proper shoes are sooo important.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I would go with the basic Turbo Jams to start with.
    Cardio Party
    20 Minute Turbo
    Ab Jam
    Turbo Sculpt

I personally like Turbo Sculpt, Cardio Party 1, and Ab Jam....
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

I think the Maximum Results package is the best one to start with- you get Cardio Party, Ab Jam, Punch, kick, & jam, etc and the weighted gloves. Let me know if you have any questions!! (I'm a Beachbody coach)

HTH!

Jess
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I love turbo jam, but if you can try to find "learn & burn" it teaches the basic moves she does, and gets you started. It comes with the package that Jess was talking about.
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ... I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET MY BODY TONED UP BUT WHAT CAN I DO. SURE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWERS. THANKS.

Have you seen some of the seated workouts, or some of the ones for seniors? They're generally pretty adaptable for various health problems, and should at least help you figure out some ways to get moving.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I have netflix and there are a lot of workout dvds on there. I get one and try it out. If I like it I keep it for a while until I get sick of it. If I really like it I will buy it. If I don't like it, then I send it back and try a new one.
    I started doing kickboxing videos a month ago and I can see the difference in my core already.
    Good luck
  • lmwardx
    Options

I think the Maximum Results package is the best one to start with- you get Cardio Party, Ab Jam, Punch, kick, & jam, etc and the weighted gloves. Let me know if you have any questions!! (I'm a Beachbody coach)

HTH!

Jess

Thanks if i have any questions ill ask =]
  • lmwardx
    Options
    I love turbo jam, but if you can try to find "learn & burn" it teaches the basic moves she does, and gets you started. It comes with the package that Jess was talking about.

sounds good because i need some basics!
  • lmwardx
    Options
    I have netflix and there are a lot of workout dvds on there. I get one and try it out. If I like it I keep it for a while until I get sick of it. If I really like it I will buy it. If I don't like it, then I send it back and try a new one.
    I started doing kickboxing videos a month ago and I can see the difference in my core already.
    Good luck

OMG!!! why didnt i think of doing this?? i waist money in works dvd and end up not liking them. thank goodness today i purchased ebay dvds for a dollar but now ill do netflix!! super:smile:
  • mysticjulz
    Options
    I used to work out to Susan Powter ( remember Stop the Insanity)lol. I loved that workout cause she had realistic workouts for people who are really heavy and confined by health issues and whatnot, but sadly I cant find my old VHS video:grumble:
  • lmwardx
    Options
    Are you getting treatment for your heel spur? I ended up having to have a cortisone shot in my heel as it was so bad and it felt great within a day and didn't come back.

Larissa, can you get some orthodics for your shoes to help with your arch? Or if you can, go to a store where they will analyze your foot and put you in a pair of proper running/walking shoes that have a lot of support for people with flat feet. You can also research shoes online.

I do a lot of running and proper shoes are sooo important.

lucly my boyfriend is a manager of orthodics : ez shoes or z coils the shoes w/ the spring on the heel. i was in denial think im way too young to have bad feet. He brought my shoes and they are doing good but still little pain but not much as before. he also put some support in my work shoes etc. my problem is i love flip flops and i had a hard time giving it up. the only flip flops that helped me was the crocs but i still need more arch support. i wonder if this will ever heal? did the shot hurt at first and how long does it last? im going to go to another Dr. since the last one I went to didnt help me much.