starting P90x

Options
wish me luck it looks intense but worth it

In a eating related matter im trying to build mass and making sure that i eat keep my protein intake high, is too much protein as bad as too much fat/carbs? I ask because i don't want to end up shooting myself in the foot

Replies

• Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too (in about an hour!! )

Good luck with it!

You can eat up to 1g of protein per 1lb of body weight and still be fine, ur body just disposes of any excesss protein, its nothing like fat/carbs in that respect.

Ben.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You'll love P90X! I've done 2 rounds and its amazing!
    As far as protein, your body can only absorb 40 g at any one time so try to space it out throughout the day :smile:
  • johnblackmur
    Options
    thanks guys

*whimpers*
  • korky123
    korky123 Posts: 2
    Options
    i'm also starting today , skills
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    wish me luck it looks intense but worth it

In a eating related matter im trying to build mass and making sure that i eat keep my protein intake high, is too much protein as bad as too much fat/carbs? I ask because i don't want to end up shooting myself in the foot

As a man you'lll want to keep your protein to between 35-50 grams every meal. Too much protein in 1 meal and turn to carbs and be stored as fat. So at that end of the day if you wind up 100 grams short don't eat 100 grams and go to bed. You will be shooting yourself in the foot then you won't be able to do Hot Foot.
  • johnblackmur
    Options
    ouch just did plyometrics for the 1st time as part of the p90x, i'm exhausted!!

i can do 7km on the cross trainer, i can run 2.4km flat out in 15 minutes!

I thought i was doing so well, popped in the DVD and ALMOST DIED

OK that was an overeaction but you get the idea

I'm gonna need help getting through this
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    ouch just did plyometrics for the 1st time as part of the p90x, i'm exhausted!!

i can do 7km on the cross trainer, i can run 2.4km flat out in 15 minutes!

I thought i was doing so well, popped in the DVD and ALMOST DIED

OK that was an overeaction but you get the idea

I'm gonna need help getting through this

Welcome to the X!!! It does get easier. Good luck!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Plyo kicks booty...LOL! Stick to it, it will all be worth it. I'm on my 11th week of the lean program but I've switched the Plyo for Cardio a couple of weeks and I was on the floor. I am planning on doing another round I get done with Insanity/chalean Extreme Hybrid that I am starting on 04/04.
  • ColeyShadrick
    ColeyShadrick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I am currently in week 4 and just did core synergistics for the first time and it kicked my butt. I love the program and can already see a difference. The hardest part is the eating in my opinion.

Stick with it and stay the course!!! You will get the results you want.
  • johnblackmur
    Options
    just did the yoga for the 1st time. I only made it 15 minutes i think this is more to my inexperience more then anything else.

so far loving the programme