Calories... not what you eat?

Options

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    If your just wanting to lose weight, then yea, it doesn't matter what you eat. If you are wanting to be lean and retain some muscle you need to get your protein. If you are wanting to be healthy and lean and have a little muscle then you need to eat to support that.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i think when u started 2 eat normal again u would gain that all straight back and very quickly, but thats just my opinion:smile:
  • dalemc
    dalemc Posts: 20
    Options
    was speaking about this yesterday , a friend of mine started same day as me , she eats anything she wants within the calories , pizza , crisps ect and shes lost 10lbs in 3 weeks , ive been eating well , healthy options ect ect and lost 3lbs first week gained it back 2nd week and stuck on no loss or gain in week 3. how does that work? :-(
  • disaskvis
    Options
    dalemc

I guess because you dont need to loose as much kilos as your friend maybe:)
    we can not just focuse on the kilos...because it can be easy to loose 10 kg for one person and hard for a another person to loose 2 kg...keep going!!... eat healty because in the end it is just about your health and your wellbeing:=)
  • dalemc
    dalemc Posts: 20
    Options
    thank you , im sticking with it , im hoping its water and will still dropping again soon x
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    REGARDLESS OF WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS... alwayyyyyyyssssss eat the healthy options!!!!!!! You might not see better numbers on the scales but you will see more positive changes in the mirror (skinny fat, a few posts on these forums talk about it- not cool!) you will also feel better on the inside!!! I wonder how someone who eats 1500 calories of crap nutrient lacking foods feels compared to someone who eats the same amount in fruits vegetables and lean meats. I can tell you because I have been both of those people, I am sooooo much happier and proud of myself being the latter person. IT ISN'T JUST ABOUT THE CALORIES!! Nutrional value is really important! I might eat a chocolate bar worth 250 calories and I might eat 3 pieces of fruit calorifically (a word? no.. oh well) equal foods, the sugar in the chocolate is processed and will turn into fat and not store in your body properly, the sugars in the fruit are natural and easier for the body to process. This website is not called my weight loss pal it is called my fitness pal- fitness does not come from eating ****.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    if you eat too much sugar regardless of the source the liver will produce insulin there by making the body store fat
    if you don't have enough sugar the liver produces Keytones and burns fat.
    it don't matter to the liver where the sugars came from
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    People have managed to lose weight on all-Subway or all-McDonald's diets using the same principle. Personally, it works best for me to mix it up. Sticking to healthy choices most days, if you fancy some indulgent food or an alcoholic drink every now and then, do for it, but just stop when you reach your calorie limit.

I was particularity interested to read Haub's improved cholesterol levels too, which could indicate they derive as much from excess weight as particular food types.
  • amatia
    amatia Posts: 3
    Options
    Should you watch your sugar intake also? Because fresh fruit has tons of sugars.
  • Jassper
    Jassper Posts: 25
    Options
    I think this sums it up,
    "These foods are consumed by lots of people," he said. "It may be an issue of portion size and moderation rather than total removal. I just think it's unrealistic to expect people to totally drop these foods for vegetables and fruits. It may be healthy, but not realistic."

Weight loss is also a mental game, If you don't feel good about how you loos the weight (aka "skinny fat") then your not going to feel good about yourself, there for not keep it off. Moderation is the key factor to any thing.

and this,
    Being overweight is the central problem that leads to complications like high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, she said.

Regardless of how you loose the weight, it is most important to loose the weight.
  • Mayor_West
    Mayor_West Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is one thing- keeping it off for a prolonged period of time, *that's* a challenge. Without enough protein and exercise, this guy WILL gain all his weight back and then some.

It's one thing to proclaim that weight loss is a simple matter of calories in versus calories out, but for longer-lasting results, it's hardly that simple. I'm sure all of us either know someone or have ourselves gone on such a "crash diet" only to re-gain all the weight we lost.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    if he or anyone eats more calories than they burn they will put on weight it is in fact that simple.
  • Jassper
    Jassper Posts: 25
    Options
    Losing weight is one thing- keeping it off for a prolonged period of time, *that's* a challenge. Without enough protein and exercise, this guy WILL gain all his weight back and then some.

Obviously once the weight is lost you must maintain, thats true with any diet. Anyone who thinks all they need to do is loose 60lbs and then go right back to the way they use to eat and expect to keep it off has an ID-1OT Error.

You must eat less than you burn or you will gain it back - even if eating healthy.