Beach body HELP- ChaLean?

Options
Hello all!

I am new to the threads, fairly new to the MFP. I am interested in the beach body programs, specifically Chalene Johnson's programs, but I'm a bit overwhelmed when I go to the site. I don't know where to begin. :huh: I am in normal weight range and what's considered skinny-fat (on the smaller side but my mostly soft spots). I am not looking for a huge decrease in weight, maybe 7-9 lbs, but my primary goal is to tone & tighten. I want a lean body and I am NOT afraid of muscles. I went to the beach body site and I see the Turbo Fire greatest Hiits for $19. Does this have to be used in conjunction with another program or by itself?

Would you recommend Turbo Fire or ChaLean Extreme? I go to the gym about 5 days a week for about 40-50 mins using the eliptical, treadmill, stair climber but it's pretty boring. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :happy:

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I would say that Chalean Extreme is exactly what you are looking for. It is 3 days of week of lifting heavy with 2 days of cardio. It will definitely make you lean and strong, plus it's fun:bigsmile:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I have ChaLean Extreme and I love it. I primarily use the strength portions and use running for my cardio. I feel SO much stonger since I started. I highly recommend it.
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Chalean Extreme. Its all about building muscle and toning. Get exercise with great results this is a weight lifting program.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Totally agree that ChaLean Extreme is what you're looking for. Go get it girl!
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, and I don't know anything about Turbo Fire, but I thought ChaLean Extreme was meant for serious weight loss. If you are already basically at your goal weight and are looking for tone, I woud suggest P90X. But the fact is, you can prevent weight loss with any program, as long as you eat enough good food.
  • kellyfultz
    kellyfultz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on my second round of ChaLean Extreme and I love it. We mix Turbo Fire with it, sometimes using the HIIT workouts because they are short, but, certainly not easy. On days that we do not do CLX, we do the 45-60 minute Turbo Fire workouts, which are fun and great workouts.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely recommend ChaLEAN Extreme. It incorporates strength training with weights 3x per week, then has cardio workouts to do the other days, plus two ab workouts (Extreme Abs is my fave!).

I understand that TurboFire (the full version) also incorporates some strength training using resistance bands, although I don't know how often. I believe that the majority of those workouts are primarily cardio-oriented.

The TurboFire Greatest HIITS DVD is strictly one workout that can stand on its own. What they have done is taken several HIIT segments from the various TurboFire full version DVD and spliced them together into one single 20 minute workout.

I am on my third round of ChaLEAN Extreme and absolutely love, love, love it! I am definitely stronger and love what the weight lifting does for my body. This round, I am subbing in Insanity workouts for the cardio while still doing the three days of ChaLEAN weight training.

You really can't go wrong with anything that Chalene Johnson puts out there! I know that ChaLEAN Extreme was on sale for $30 off a month or so ago, but don't know if that sale is still going on. Either way, it's worth every penny, imho!!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, and I don't know anything about Turbo Fire, but I thought ChaLean Extreme was meant for serious weight loss. If you are already basically at your goal weight and are looking for tone, I woud suggest P90X. But the fact is, you can prevent weight loss with any program, as long as you eat enough good food.

Nope - ChaLEAN Extreme is not just meant for serious weight loss. It can be used whether you want to lose weight or not. The program is meant to strengthen and shape your body as well as boosting your metabolism. It is very much like P90X in that both incorporate solid strength training 3 x per week and cardio the other days.
  • gilmoremj3
    gilmoremj3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the input & motivation everyone!! ChaLean Extreme sounds like the way to go! :happy: I'm going to place my order today! Wish me luck! :bigsmile: