weighing in the morning and at night?

Options
B2BB
B2BB Posts: 222 Member
I noticed I weigh less in the am than at night. And I watched a ufc episode when one of the guys stood on his head and re weighed himself and dropped 2lbs? Can anyone please explain....I would research it like usual but I'm in a lazy mood lol

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I notice when I wake up and weigh myself after going to the bathroom and before my shower, I will weigh a few ounces more than when I weigh after my shower.
    Maybe has something to do with fluid/blood?
    I only weigh in the AM though.
    And yes, you will weigh less at night because off all the food/fluids you have taken in.
    You sure it was two POUNDS and not ounces or something?
  • JenSol
    JenSol Posts: 13
    Options
    I always weight less in the morning by about 2 lbs. You body continues to burn calories while you sleep and your not putting anything in your mouth during the night so I think that may have something to do with it. Not sure of specifics but that works for me. I'll take the morning weight lose.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself at night. I haven't had the chance to burn off the day's food yet! My morning weight is what I go by. =)

I have no clue about the guy standing on his head, though. That's just weird.
  • Midcoast_Mermaid
    Options
    The optimal time to way yourself is in the morning before you shower or eat anything. If you weigh yourself at night you weight more because your body hasn't digested everything you have eaten throughout the day. :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    By the end of the day you have a bunch of food and water in your digestive tract which will weigh more. In the morning if you have gone to the toilet, you have not only less food, but also your body has breathed out and sweated out a lot of moisture.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Weight is simply the amount of gravitational force that pulls you down on the scale. Gravity depends on how massive an object is and the more massive an object is the more gravitational pull there is. Therefore, a 'more massive' person will weigh more than a smaller person because you are being pulled down on the scale with more force. If someone weighed less when standing on their head the only way that is possible is because the center of gravity changed messing with the scales. As far as weighing less in the morning - it is because you have less water and food in your body. Your cells use an incredible amount of water to replentish everything when you are sleeping. When you wake - you will be more dehydrated than when you went to sleep. As well, you have eaten during the day and the mass of the food contributes to the mass of the body as far as the scale is concerned. Hope this helps!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    The optimal time to way yourself is in the morning before you shower or eat anything. If you weigh yourself at night you weight more because your body hasn't digested everything you have eaten throughout the day. :)

A lot of different factors go into the number difference between AM and PM. Weigh yourself in the morning after you pee and naked. You get a true weight. (Sometimes I'll check again after #2. There can be a difference there also).

I've had as much as a 5 pounds difference before.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh in during the morning because I think it's more consistant. You're not as bloated when your first wake up and most of the water and other waste has gone through your system so you get more accurate results.

Shannon
  • romanhokie
    romanhokie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My weight is lowest in the morning after bathroom. Shower adds some (water, moisturizing, anyone?) Weigh in at work (the "contest scale"). Before lunch, it's lower. After lunch, it's lower. Before I leave, lower. Bedtime (after dinner). Higher.

Weird.