will i loose weight

Options
hi ive just joined on monday ,ive stuck to under my calorie allowance and done some exercise as well ,but im just worried im doing all this and when i get weighed again on monday that i wont have lost anything,will it actually work?

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    why dont you try and find out
  • ElovelyMe
    ElovelyMe Posts: 10
    Options
    Stay motivated and keep up the good work!! It won't happen over night but if you hang in there (like you have been doing) with your eating and excercising the results will pay off!! :smile:
  • rankinmichelle
    Options
    You will lose approx 5lbs on your first week :)
  • Trevorman302
    Options
    You will lose. I like to stress to people that as important as calories in/calories out is to achieving your weight loss goals, just AS IMPORTANT is the quality of your calories. Make sure to choose healthy, nutrient-dense calories that will FUEL your body's weight loss. Empty calories are just that...empty! We can't expect our bodies to perform to our expectation if the fuel we give it isn't up to the task.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi....just give it some time. We didn't put the weight on overnight and it sometimes is a slow process but slow and steady is the way. Make sure you log everything you eat, add lots of friends on here for support and do some type of exercise everyday even if it's a 15 minute walk:) You can do this! I started here just over a month ago and have lost almost 9 lbs and 7.5 inches. Think positive and make healthy food choices. Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Think about how long it took you to put the weight on. this won't be an overnight thing. It will be a life change. you will start to notice changes in time. and believe me it will feel wonderful! Good luck, and don't give up too early!
  • Haleynb818
    Options
    I thought the same thing, and I've lost about 13 pounds already. You will be surprised how it actually works. I sure was :)
    All the calories people consume a day...you don't realize how many calories are in some of the things that you eat when you dont look. It's shocking :D
    Stick with it! You will see results!! Good luck,
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Of course it will work if you:
    1. Entered your profile information correctly
    2. Weigh, measure and log everything you put in your mouth
    3. Accurately log your exercises (use a heart rate monitor)
    4. Drink a minimum of 8 cups of water every day, more if you exercise
    5. Follow MFP goals and recommendations
    6. Read the links found here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • Haleynb818
    Options
    Yes! Be patient!
  • JenHollandsworth
    JenHollandsworth Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!!! I didn't lose any weight for almost 6 six weeks (I actually gained a little due to building muscle), but then all of a sudden, it just started falling off. Everyone is different, but if you stick with it, you will be successful! Being on this site is a major positive step! Best of luck to you!!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Just read the success stories on these boards and see the before & after photos...it works!!
  • alandry1203
    Options
    You will lose approx 5lbs on your first week :)

Everyone will lose at a differnt pace, so this statement is incorrect. If you are truely stating in your calorie range and excercising, this will work! I started about a month ago and never realized how many calories in one day i would eat. No wonder i wasn't losing anything, or had a hard time doing so. Now i realize normal calorie intake and the pounds are coming off!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Also you left a post on another thread an old one and stated will it work even though I don't eat all the calories...well if you don't follow the plan and it dosn't work..it won't be MFP at fault will it? Give the site a try..but at least follow the plan for a few weeks before altering it..you have to give it a chance.
  • chillijam1
    chillijam1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i understand i need to keep a balalnced diet but how do you know if it is right ?
  • chillijam1
    Options
    thank you everyone for your comments ,yes im giving it a try ,ive got nothing to loose ,will see how i do when i get weighed on monday lol. but must admit ive not being hungry since doing my planner each day ,and i write everything on including spreads etc ,so heres hoping lol :smile:
  • ohohraptor
    ohohraptor Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i understand i need to keep a balalnced diet but how do you know if it is right ?

There's no "right" diet, but as a guideline I'd slowly try to substitute processed foods for natural foods. The less processed crap you eat, the better! Focus on fruits, veggies, lean proteins, etc... Also make sure you eat the right portion size for you. Proteins from animals should be the size of your palm(no fingers!), fruits should be the size of one cupped hand, veggies two cupped hands, and starchy carbs one scant palmful.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Choose the healthiest food options majority of the time. Follow the MFP guidlines and be sure to take your measurements now.
    There may be plenty of times you step on the scale and its not what you were hoping for, but you might see more of a change in your measurements.

Stick with it, its still better than doing nothing. Small changes everyday. My goal is to not be below the calories I'm given. Be honest with yourself and your portion sizes, your calories burned in excercise. You can put whatever you want in that tracker but just because it looks good, if you aren't being honest with yourself then it will show in your progress.

Come to us for support and know you will fall occasionally, what matters is that you get back up, dust yourself off, track and move on. If theres one bad apple in my fruit bowl, I throw it out, not the whole bowl.
  • chillijam1
    Options
    thanks
  • chillijam1
    Options
    thank you everyone for your advice :happy: