Hello from Mass

AdoraK
AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Ok I am not a new user to this site. I have been here since last October but I never posted my introduce yourself. I am generally a shy person so it has taken me a bit of time to start posting comments on here.

Here is my story: I was always a bit heavy in school and always wanted to be one of those girls you see on the beach in the little bikini. And one day it did happen. Why.... because I got sick twice in a row and lost 25 Lbs. Then I met my know husband. Moving forward many years. I now have 2 boys ages 13 and 11. I have put on and taken off a lot of weight over the course of two pregnancies and hit my all time high last summer of 213 Lbs. I found I hated myself for not being able to do even the easiest of outdoor games with my family that I always avoided them. I hated looking in the mirror and HATED to purchase clothes that I did not shop in stores and only did that online.

Then In October I had my Aha moment. I am done with having kids. That was the trigger to my weight gain each time I lost a lot of weight. I could not do much in the way of exercise so I went out and purchased a treadmill and started walking. It was slow at first only doing 2.6 miles an hour or about 20 minutes. Now I can walk over an hour at 4.5 miles an hour at an 8% grade. I have also been able to run for up to 12 minutes. I have also added in doing my aerobics, and step aerobics DVD's. I will complete the 30DS this Sunday and plan to start P90X.

I am so confident that I will hit my goal In June that I will be able to wear that Bikini again. I want to thank the creators of this site and the people here that have inspired me to fight for what I want. If it was not for you I probably would have thrown in the towel by now.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.