Wheezing while punching/twisting?

Options
I've noticed during 30 DS and other activities involving punching or twisting of the upper body that I get this kind of wheezing that feels like the breath is being sucked out of me (I'm not really sure how to better explain the feeling). Anyone get this as well or know what it is?

Thanks!

Replies

• Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i dont know if its for the same reason as me i get it but i have asthma .... If i over work i cough and wheeze ....
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I've gotten that on occasion, too in the past. I think it just has to do with the movement and the way it pushes air in and out of our lungs.
  • kirra_80
    kirra_80 Posts: 36
    Options
    I have the same problem! Whenever I twist or punch from the side or dance, I get this bad wheezing and I have to stop. But most other activities don't bother me in the same way. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was younger but I don't use an inhaler. do you have asthma?
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    It's very important to focus on your breathing during your workout. I always get side cramps when I don't breathe correctly and I also have trouble catching my breath when I breathe wrong during workouts.

I have asthma too and the wheezing comes from that but never from exercise.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i get that same feeling it like a quick exhale but comes out all ratttly... i get it a lot when i do tae bo... i have an appt next week it's on my list to ask my doc about...
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I've never been diagnosed with asthma, but it does run in my family so I guess that's a possibility. It was just starting to freak me out, especially after I made the mistake of googling it. It seems there are a lot of hypochondriacs on Yahoo/Google/Wiki answers.
  • AzizaBell
    AzizaBell Posts: 28
    Options
    hhmmm i get that too. i have never been diagnosed with asthma and it is really when i am doing fast twisty punches. i have always wondered why it happened.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have had this for years mainly when I have side bends or twist round from the waist. I think it is just air being forced out.

I was diagnosed with ashthma a few years ago but this happened years before I started wheezing
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WOW! I'm not the only one! I totally thought I was imagining things!

I get the wheezing sound too when i do punches....but it usually only last about 5 seconds or so. Very wierd, but it does make sense that the pressure on your lungs from that type of movemoent may cause this. i think as long as you don't feel out of breath or like you are having some sort of asthma attack, you shouldn't worry. I don't and I am a self-diagnosed hypochondriac.