water retention???

Options
Ok for 2 days now I have been drinking WAY over the 8 glasses... and I don't seem to be going to the bathroom as often as before... Am I retaining water?? I seem to be up 3lbs this morning because of it.... HELP!!!!

Replies

• Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Try adding some lemon to your water. It is a dieretic (? on spelling) and can help with that. I also drink hot lemon water and find that to help as well. When I drink it hot, I sqeeze the lemon into the water before heating it up. I leave the slice with the rinds in the water as well. This way you get the good oils from the lemon rind that come out when heated. Keep drinking that water, it is good for you.
  • Katherine_Nelson
    Katherine_Nelson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    this is normal! your body is not use to that much water intake yet, so it is storing it thinking that the plethora of water is only temporary. keep it up and eventually your body will know that its okay to release some of it! it just takes time. =]
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Try adding some lemon to your water. It is a dieretic (? on spelling) and can help with that. I also drink hot lemon water and find that to help as well. When I drink it hot, I sqeeze the lemon into the water before heating it up. I leave the slice with the rinds in the water as well. This way you get the good oils from the lemon rind that come out when heated. Keep drinking that water, it is good for you.

Yes this is a great way to lose the water retension... I am drinking a cup right now. Just besure you use a fresh lemon and just a half of a lemon should be fine. Also 8 glasses a day may not be enough for you. Try looking up how much water you need a day (for your weight and activity level)
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    that makes sense... I have uped my workouts....confused the body maybe??? I will try the lemon... I was doing that and bought a whole bunch of lemons then stopped doing it.... thank you for the replies!!!!
  • lahokz
    lahokz Posts: 5
    Options
    well, my dear... here you go.
    http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailment/water-retention-causes.html

i have a somewhat of a similar problem. I am ALWAYS thirsty and i am constantly drinking water and not using the bathroom as much as i should. so i kinda know how you feel :)