Anyone starting C25K soon?

Options
I'm thinking about starting tonight but definitely need extra motivation and support. The weather has finally turned nice and I'm running (no pun intended) our of reasons not to. But well I'm a slacker....

Replies

• springstorm
    Options
    I'll start with you! I started before but having to move into a new apartment put a hold on that. I want to start completely over again and since the weather is so nice and my apartment complex is in a really great running area, there's no reason not to!

We can do this! :)
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week this morning and thought I'd look around for some supportive folks who are at the beginning stages....Go for it! The weather has been gorgeous this week where I am, so give it a whirl
  • amyhbrown
    amyhbrown Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K a few years ago and have been running off and on for several years. I was never a runner before. I recently picked up again and did a modified version of the program. Last weekend I ran 7.5 miles! The program works and you can build on the 5K once you've completed it. I am planning my first 10K in April. I think you'll really enjoy it the process!
  • lcdblue1026
    lcdblue1026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fantastic...tonight it is!
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm planning a modified ( more aggressive) version of it....Im beginning again on Monday but until then Im doing the C25K 1st week as a warm up...
  • lcdblue1026
    lcdblue1026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    W1D1 DONE! I almost talked myself out of it as I had gone to my boxing class late and it was dark by the time i was done, but headed to the local high school and hit it and feeling really super good about it. Now how do you log it?
  • leandread
    leandread Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I usually log mine as 3.5 brisk walking and 8 minutes of running/jogging at 5 mph. I know that my walks are faster in the beginning and slow down by the 5th or 6th interval so I just use 3.5 as my average, especially since where I walk/run is hilly.
  • Najus1
    Najus1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started my C25K this week, planning on running a 5k in 9 weeks from now.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd week of runnersworld.com's beginner program (similar to c25k), so I'm not all that far ahead of you. I've been exercising for a few months now, so the running is definitely coming a lot easier than it would have two months ago. So far, I have a bigger challenge to keep my heart rate from spiking than I do trying to run longer in a stretch.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I just started this week! I will run W1D3 tomorrow. I'm running a 5K in 7.5 weeks (8 weeks from when I started)... we'll see how that goes. My goal will just be to finish it at that point. We'll see how it's going.

I'm really excited about this and I can't wait to see where I'm at in 9 weeks!!
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just started it yesterday :) Tomorrow will be my 2'nd workout, skipping a day in-between. I've tried it before but could never get over the first week because I didn't realize you needed to skip a day. I'm afraid if I go at it too much that I'll either injure myself and have to stop for awhile, or just plain not enjoy it and stop, both of which has happened before. I want to be in it for the long haul :)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday, did W1D2 today, and will finish out the first week on Saturday! Glad you got started today, and even after a class! Awesome!

Edit: I have started it before (about 2 weeks ago), but just recently found an app for my ipod that works over my music and tells me when to run/walk and the warmup and cool down. It's called Get Running. Much better than trying to time by myself!