XBOX KINECT

Options
Hey Everyone - I am wondering if anyone out there has an XBOX Kinect!!
I know that it is burning calories as I play but you cannot count them on here - is there a website where you can find them?
Any information would be awesome :)

Replies

• teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    get you a heartrate moniter.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I was just using the site till I finally got a monitor, mines without the chest strap so I take my HR in between songs, cause the intensity of each song can be so different.

LOVE Xbox Kinect, can't wait to get Zumba for it then I won't have to wear the Wii remote on my waist.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do, I do! Hehe.

I have YourShape, and EA Active 2.0 which both calculate the number of calories burned based on your body weight and the exercises/routines you choose to do. I totally recommend EA Active 2.0 over YourShape, as it comes with a HRM that more accurately tracks your burn.

As for other games (like Adventures, Fighters Uncaged, and others...) I do not know how you can calculate calories- for something like Dance Central, I'd just log it under "dancing/general".

The Kinect is a great, and fun, tool!
  • acmcoc
    acmcoc Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have it and I have ea active 2 for it. It has an hrm with it. I work our for 25 minutes and it says I burn 160 calories. I'm not sure how accurate that is. But its a good workout.