Didnt bring lunch to work today

Options
Some days packing a lunch isn't practical or you can have a Spit happens days and you just didn't bring it....

yesterday after work I had 1 kid with a basketball game in 1 town, another with his 1st baseball game in another town ..another with track practice in our town... and I had to make a meal out of leftovers that I usually bring for my lunch at work( though thankfully the husband helped out with that and took the kid to his basketball game) .... I work across the street from a strip mall...there is Chick-Fila, McD, BK, Panera Bread, Wegmans, Giant Food Store, Noodles, Inc, a pizzeria and more...

Usually when I don't bring lunch, I grab a bag of salad from Wegmans or Giant Food and a can of solid white tuna and there is my cheap ( under $3) healthy lunch....

Pffffft!!!! today, I will have something else ( fast food) and will have no guilt about it.... I'm not eating red meat and am just tired of salads so I suppose Chick-Fila or Noodles it will be....I will still have my extra large unsweetened tea with 2 teaspoons of Stevia added ;)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Just be careful of sodium. Almost anything you get from Chick-fil-A will be close to 1000mg of sodium.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Its always nice to treat ourselves from time to time!! Enjoy your lunch! It seems to be well earned.. busy mom you are!!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to cheat. I do it about once a month. I don't go really crazy but I don't get salad either. Then your next meal you get back on track and you will be fine!!:smile:
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I like Panara, the Mediterranean veggie sandwich is good and you can get half a sandwich and a salad with an apple as a meal. A little high in sodium, and you still have to be careful with what you pick for a salad, but a very filling lunch for around $7.
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Go on ahead and treat yourself....I did yesterday....heck I treat myself twice a week....and I have still lost 8 pounds in 15 days. But the day after I throw in an extra 30 mintues of cardio...lol.
  • ZoeyRhea
    ZoeyRhea Posts: 1
    Options
    No offense or sarcasm here... but how do you do it??? The no shame I mean. I'm terrible with it. Not that I don't slip up as often as the next person... but I'm probably more hard of myself than most!

Yesterday I had a very stressful day and felt very much alone... so instead of going to my apartments workout room right after work, I ate a creamy pasta and chicken meal (which was way more calories than I had left) and went to bed super early! Not to mention the night cap... CAN'T THINK ABOUT ANYTING ELSE BUT MY GUILT TODAY! :(
    Any advice?
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We go out to eat every Wednesday night....when I order I don't go crazy with what I get...like yesterday I had fajita quesidillas with grilled chicken....I asked for a to go box and immediatly put half away...(gave the left overs to the in-laws) I also ate 2 fried cheese sticks with marinara.

And on Saturday nights we usually have steak and baked potato... on those days I still work out...and the next day more cardio. At my job on a busy day I might walk 4 miles.

I have also realized that I am making a lifestyle change...not a diet. I still want to enjoy some food...just not in the same way I used to enjoy it.
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    No offense or sarcasm here... but how do you do it??? The no shame I mean. I'm terrible with it. Not that I don't slip up as often as the next person... but I'm probably more hard of myself than most!

Yesterday I had a very stressful day and felt very much alone... so instead of going to my apartments workout room right after work, I ate a creamy pasta and chicken meal (which was way more calories than I had left) and went to bed super early! Not to mention the night cap... CAN'T THINK ABOUT ANYTING ELSE BUT MY GUILT TODAY! :(
    Any advice?

I have no guilt because I know that with moderation, my lifestyle change isnt ruined by a few extra grams of sodium, fats & carbs....I made the change because I wanted a better quality of life... which means splurging every once in a while or saying to heck with it every once in a while...