Creating and reaching short term goals = motivation! :)

Raynamama
Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
I started my weight loss journey for the MILLIONth time 7 weeks ago. I enlisted the help of some amazing women: Marie Tower, a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and a Personal Trainer, Sarah Hickey from Prime Fitness. I took the "Today" picture a day before my 28th birthday after 6 weeks of committing to reaching some very specific goals. Marie had me write down short term specific & measurable goals to reach and I picked my 28th birthday as a date to reach these short term goals. I wanted to lose 15 lbs by my birthday in 6 weeks. I lost 12.4 and I am still so proud of how far I've come. It's been more than a physical journey for me and a lot about what's going on on the inside...still a ways to go but I've made some serious progress and I really didn't see the difference until I looked through these pictures. Believe me it's not that easy to put up the "before" pictures, but I think it's important and it's just a constant reminder of where I've been and where I am going.
My goals were to:
- lose 15 lbs by March 10
- Do 28 push-ups on my feet (not my knees!) on my 28th birthday. WHICH I DID!!
- Get into my "goal" jeans (jeans I bought in 2008 and have NEVER worn because I couldn't get them on!) I DID IT

To Marie Tower Nutrition & my trainer Sarah Hickey from Prime Fitness - these two ladies have been AMAZING and have helped me SO much, I am SO SO SO grateful and I love you both, also my mom ♥ - my steady workout partner who makes me laugh through the pain, Shelby for your generosity, my sister Sarah who is my own personal therapist and cheerleader and my buddies on myfitnesspal & OF COURSE...my wonderfully supportive husband ♥ ♥ THANK YOU & I LOVE YOU...it's been 7 weeks and this is the halfway point...onward and upward y'all! ;)

IMG_9393.jpg
kelswedding-1-1.jpg
March92011-1.jpg
JEANS.jpg

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    You look great! And so strong!!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!!
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    You are doing a wonderful job! You look great and your determination is an inspiration!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    You are doing a wonderful job! You look great and your determination is an inspiration!

Thank you so much! One of my biggest challenges is reminding myself that I have had some successes and that it is important to celebrate those successes instead of focusing only on the end goal and that you're not there yet! It's always a work in progress and I am going to celebrate every step of the way!
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Amazing!!! Thanks for the inspiration I needed today!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    You look great!!! Keep up the good work, and you will hit your goals in no time. Doing 28 push-ups is amazing. I am able to do about 10, but I could never do them before even in high school.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!