howdy from TEXAS

Options
Hi, I am a 40 yr old single mom trying to get myself in better shape. My health is not too good. I have diabetes and gonna get rid of that DX. I have been eating well and exercising everyday. I am new to this lifestyle and my biggest complaint in after about 5 min of walking, my shins burn sooo bad. Tried stopping and stretching, but not helping, any advice greatly appreciated!
Deanna:smile:

Replies

• scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    howdy back at ya .. im from tx also. make sure you have shoes with good support
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Howdy from your neighbor - Louisiana!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Hello from a fellow Texas girl! No advice other than good shoes but good luck with your journey!!
  • Nlbrooks76
    Nlbrooks76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Texas too! I'm stuck in upstate NY right now cause of my husband being in the Army but I miss and love Texas very much,
    I would recommend getting some new tennis shoes for sure. I know it made a huge difference when I started also getting to be best friends with Icy hot! I use it more the lotion now and it helps with my shins very much. Also I think it is better then taking Aleve or something like that everyday! Good luck and go enjoy the weather!!!