Exploring the World of Seafood

Options
Since it is lent most of our supermarkets have had some sales on fish. I am not one to make this on a regular basis, but this high protein / low cal food has grabbed my attention. I grabbed a bag of frozen Whiting fillets a while ago and today I made one for lunch. It was excellent! I took the frozen fillet (4oz) and ran it under some hot water to defrost it quickly, and then I zapped it in the microwave. I added 1/4 cup shredded cheese and placed it on some spinach. It was wonderful, fast, and healthy. I am very excited to keep exploring with different fish. Anyone have some suggestions or advice?

Replies

• WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Tilapia, Salmon and trout are Amaaaaaaazing too. But crab and lobster are my favorite :bigsmile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've only had mahi on a sandwich but I've heard it's very healthy & it was delicious (it just had lettuce, tomato, and a citrusy salsa sauce on it you could easily make yourself if you just googled - I never tried). I like tilapia because it's easily customizable... was into salmon for awhile but got tired of it (you can have what I have left in my freezer! lol). Also, cod is very good for you.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love shrimp on my salads... mixed into my pasta... or simply eaten by themselves! they dont' require much flavoring.. just fry them in a little bit of butter(or olive oil) and garlic.. doesn't take much.
  • shmarlyboo
    Options
    I’m a big fan of any fish served as sushi. Tuna, salmon, shrimp, eel, trout, rainbow, mahi...all delicious! sushi is wonderful, just go easy on soy sauce as it is high in sodium :noway:

salmon is by far my favorite. it has a bit more flavor all by itself so you could squeeze a lemon over it and serve with a side of veggies. amazing! :love:
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    fish like whiting, flounder & tilapia are inexpensive, cook fast and taste GREAT with a lil lemon pepper sprinkled on top and cooked on the ol' George Foreman grill.....
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Frozen salmon, defrosted, coated in whatever and baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Quick and delicious!

I usually coat it in dill, salt and pepper before baking and serve with my favorite veggies.

Charmagne