falling off the wagon and getting back on it

Options
I fell off the wagon for like a week- week and a half.

What do you do when you lose motivation and fall off

Replies

• godsgiftjcp
    Options
    Look at my pant size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or pull out a pair that I used to fit....It really helps me understand what falling off will do. I also remember that I am doing this to add years back to my life and be able to play with my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rosielovesnyc
    Options
    No food tastes as good as skinny feels. This is what i say to myself when I look at a cheeseburger.
  • rlawrimore
    rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Get back on it with support and figure out why you fell off. I did the same thing last week and had to work hard to get back into it. I think I am going to even join an Anytime Fitness this weekend.
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    Watch a movie or listen to a band with someone's body type you aspire to be. My inspiration is Zooey Deschanel. She's not super skinny, but she's slender and just has a really nice frame. If I feel really low on motivation I just listen to her music and watch (500) days of summer, and I'm back on the wagon! It really works :3
  • LMBS05
    LMBS05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I fall off the wagon for a week i try to think about my goals in the context of the month. Just work out one extra time a week or shave a few extra calories off for a few weeks until you are back on track!
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    No food tastes as good as skinny feels. This is what i say to myself when I look at a cheeseburger.

Oof that's ana talk. I really suggest you not go down that road ._.
  • sturchem
    sturchem Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was off the wagon for about 5 days while we had family visiting. My motivation was looking in the full length mirror yesterday and thinking that I'm still not nearly where I want to be. I think about how hard I've worked and not getting back on the wagon is like throwing it all away.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that falling off the wagon should be in the exercise database, brush myself off and then my pals on mfp duct tape me to the wagon till the next time lol! it is not serious getting back on is what makes all of the difference. good luck
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i look to my mfp friends and see how good they're doing then say to myself, i can do it if they can =)
  • rkrobke
    rkrobke Posts: 15
    Options
    I put it behind me, get back on track and then wait a week before I weigh in again. I fell off today...ate a whole plate of mall Chinese noodles and chicken. It wasn't even that good! I know I won't be doing it again because it just wasn't worth it. Hang in there.... We are all in this together and it isn't easy!
  • Millertime65
    Options
    I'm in the same spot as you, it's been two weeks. All of a sudden I was just burnt out on keeping track of everything and working out. I decided that it's okay, I got through my period of time that I was being lazy and now I need to refocus. Try to center yourself into the same thoughts that you had when you started working out and logging your food intake. If you can get back to that mind set you'll be back on track! Remember that breaks are good, if not for your body but for your sanity of your mind. Just realize that today is a new day and you have the power to take back that control! ;0)
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    When I fell off the wagon, I knew I had to get back up and try it again. I didn't beat myself up about because I knew I had the power to control my weight loss in my hands. Although we fall down, we can always get back up. Stay motivated and persistent and you will reap the benefits. There is a but to this scenario... but you have to get back up and try it again. Good luck and I hope I've said something to encourage you.
  • Michelebecker
    Michelebecker Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Oof that's ana talk. I really suggest you not go down that road ._.

Um, totally not ana and I have to agree... nothing tastes as good as skinny feels :-) I say go for it!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I am climbing back on the wagon today after a small spill off of it. I read today from someone here "Every good choice is a small victory" and that has been going through my head today. Lots of water, preplan your food to help make good choices, and realize that bouncing back into the wagon will feel better than falling off of it anytime!
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Excellent ideas! Keep up the good work.:smile:
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    Listen to all your friends here on mfp and forgive yourself and trudge on and remember this is a "life style change" and we are human not robots!!! You are here with us!!!!! Bless you!!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a wagon, or something you can fail at. It's not. You are just aiming for a healthier way of life. That never ends.
  • shanalc
    shanalc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just totally life stress is getting to me. new job, going on a vacation, boys. I just need a mental break from it all. And I didn't know how to deal with the guilt