Why is the weight not coming off?

Options
My 1st two weeks I lost 11 lbs, but I haven't been able to lose anymore. I'm still eating healthy and exercising. Any suggestions?

Replies

• resa328
    resa328 Posts: 2
    Options
    you might need to increase how long you exercise or how much you do
  • paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do 30-45 minutes of cardio and then different machines for different areas of my body. In all, I probably workout an hour a day 4-5 days a week. I have a personal trainer on Wednesdays. This is an increase in exercise since I lost the first 11 lbs.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    The weight comes off fast in the beginning due to water retention. If you made your diary public we could provide more help.
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Are you weight training because you could be replacing fat with muscle?
    Other then that i would either increase your workouts or cut back a little more on your caloric intake.
    Keep going and good luck.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My 1st two weeks I lost 11 lbs, but I haven't been able to lose anymore. I'm still eating healthy and exercising. Any suggestions?

without seeing your diary it will be hard for anyone to help you.. You might want to open it up, and see what kind of suggestions you get.
  • Trevorman302
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? Water plays a HUGE role in weight loss, so when you have a week or 2 of great results, followed by a stall, generally a lack of water intake is the culprit. My general rule of thumb as a Nutrition & Weight Loss Coach is to drink HALF your body weight in ounces of water, MINIMUM! Sounds like a lot, I know, but if you drink 10 ounces on the hour every hour as soon as you wake up, you won't overload your bladder, AND you'll have your minimum DONE way before bedtime!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    How long have you not been losing? It its two weeks or more maybe you need to switch something up. What I've found (NOT an expert!) is that sometimes while it seems to me I'm not losing weight when I look at the overall pattern and step back I am going down on average.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Other then that i would either increase your workouts or cut back a little more on your caloric intake.

Or it could be that she's not eating enough, to keep up with her increased workout schedule. Without knowing her food intake for the day, we don't know.

If you're working out more, you should increase your food intake to coincide with it. That doesn't mean just eating more calories, but healthier foods to give your body the fuel it needs.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    How long have you not been losing? It its two weeks or more maybe you need to switch something up. What I've found (NOT an expert!) is that sometimes while it seems to me I'm not losing weight when I look at the overall pattern and step back I am going down on average.
    All the above is pretty good advice. This, however, was what I was going to suggest. You may want to change things up - do different kinds of cardio/cross train a little more. Also make sure you're getting enough sleep and not stressing!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Its hard not to give any advice w/o knowing what/how you are eating and how long its been that you haven't seen a loss. It could just be since you lost so much in the 1st two weeks your body is resting and then you will see another loss after 2 weeks. Some people just lose weight that way.

Or sodium, poor choices, not being honest with yourself on the amount you are eating or the amount of calories your burning during a work out.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do more cardio if all possible twice a day and a hr a day. You will see something then. Also it was said you might be getting muscle in that case you wont see any weight loss do to it weighing more then fat.
  • paigecrowe
    Options
    How do I make my diary public?
  • paigecrowe
    Options
    Never mind. I figured it out.
  • HiJam
    HiJam Posts: 22
    Options
    Just a quick glance through your diary and there seem to be a number of days with 900+ calories remaining! Eat your calories young lady! One MFP user makes herself eat at least half of her exercise cals, but healthy choices.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are spending a TON of money on prepared/prepackaged foods. The prepackaged foods are loaded with tons of sodium too, and that can equate to water retention. Try to start preparing your own meals. There are lots of simple recipes out there that will help you get more nutrients from fresh foods.
  • caz51
    caz51 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im right there with you! Over a month of diet and excersise and no changes... ughhh!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options

That's not happening if she's eating at a deficit.
  • StarletteS
    StarletteS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    11 lbs is a huge amount to lose in 2 weeks. It was probably mostly water, not fat, which is why the fast weight loss has stopped.
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    11 lbs is a huge amount to lose in 2 weeks. It was probably mostly water, not fat, which is why the fast weight loss has stopped.

+1, don't be discouraged by day to variation in weight gain or loss and certainly don't put too much stock into weight change over two weeks, especially if you haven't been on regular exercise plan prior to that. Keep at it, exercise and eat right and you'll see results.