Overcoming the struggle

Options
clewliss
clewliss Posts: 640 Member
I am one of those that can mess up one time and get off track for weeks! I am an either all or none kind of person and with losing weight, that's not a good way to be! My DH brought me a box of chocolates for Valentines Day...bless his heart.....he got caught in the store with all the surroundings of love in the air and forgot that I wasn't eating that stuff! Well, what did I do? I ate it of course and felt horrible. I didn't want to "be good" because I felt like such a failure! I mean it wouldn't have been so bad if I had ate a chocolate a day or something, but no~ So one day fell into 3 weeks which brings me to this post:) I gained 3lbs back and as of this morning I have lost 1lb since starting back Monday- It's a success story because I caught myself before gaining back the 11 that I had lost. I weighed 212lbs when I started all of this and I'm at 203 now. Seems so hard to get under the 200 mark, but I love the feeling of "losing" and I will get this goal accomplished! You people who struggle are not alone, but we're not going to struggle forever:)

Replies

• oonafey
    oonafey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    At least you catch yourself. I somehow convince myself I am doing well, but I eat a treat (girl scout cookies, reeses pieces, chocolate, etc.) everyday and I wonder how I have been on here a year and lost 0 lbs... lol
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Way to get back on track again. This isn't an easy road, and every day is a struggle. Every day is a new day though. You can do this!! Don't give up.
  • srappleby
    Options
    Good for you that you stopped yourself!!! I completely understand how you feel. Just be proud of yourself for your accomplishment!
  • jessica6335
    Options
    I'm glad you caught yourself! I adore chocolate and have had to give it up. I even had a dream the other night about eating chocolate LOL I told my boyfriend and he laughed! But, the good thing is you're gaining so much now!

BTW: I think we need to invent some fat free, low cal chocolate! We'd make millions :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome, you caught yourself and got back ontrack before you did too much damage. I have a tendency to do the all or nothing and I know it so no cheat days or cheat meals for me. this time I am going to do it and so are you. You are on your way. The important thing is that no matter how bad you mess up you catch yourself and get back on track. It is hard but you can do it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!