I am new

Options
I have been here almost a week. I have to take steroids for rheumatoid arthritis. My lungs are affected by the arthritis, I have scarring in them. Its very hard to exercise, I get out of breath very fast. I know I would feel better if I could lose some weight.

Replies

• LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey!
  • Capital_Q
    Capital_Q Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lorijo!! You are in the right place for support! Making sure you get enough calories per day is just as important as not going over your calories. MFP has a great food diary tool...it makes finding our foods super easy and tracking as you go through the day is great if you have it on our mobile phone too! Best wishes to you! If you need anything, I'm happy to listen/help. Just send me a message.:flowerforyou:
  • CarpeCorpusx
    Options
    Hello, there I'm new as well at least to this site. I'm sorry to hear about your lungs, but I don't think you need to work vigorously to lose weight. Even light exercise and dieting could help you out. It won't get you results fast but I do believe it will work. So do you what you can. Good luck : )
  • kcziggy
    kcziggy Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello. Well can you do stretch bands for your arms and do small amounts of walking maybe 1/2 block to start with the bands becuase it all burns calories and muscle burns fat. I hope you do well and remember to drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies. Good luck
  • Lorijo50
    Lorijo50 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks much you all, some exercise is good, I do walk and I can do gentle stretching. I can't run. I have my diary set up, not sure if I got it set up for all to see though. I have been having trouble getting all the water in, I think today I will have it. I am trying to eat more vegies, for some reason that is hard for me to do.

5565652.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter