Let's get this party started!

Options
Hi! I just discovered this site last night and signed up; looks like a fantastic place to be! I'm Michelle, a 42 yo married mom to a 12yo dd and a 7yo ds. Although I love taking care of my family, I am at that point in my life that I am ready to take care of ME!

I have about 30 lbs that I want to lose, although right now, I'd be thrilled with 10 LOL! Looking forward to becoming a part of this community and making new, like minded friends! :)

Replies

• MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    WOW! Not even one welcome in 3 days :(
  • coptergman
    Options
    I'll welcome you.......I just joined yesterday.....good luck.
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP

Ive been here just a little over a week, and im also a mum with 4 boys, 18,13,8 & 6 :) This site is so awesome, everyone is so sweet and they help you on bad bays and good, first weight in I lost 7lbs, never thought id budge a pound, Good Luck, and add me as a friend if you want to :smile:

Sarah
  • Sunshinema
    Options
    I just joined recently myself. I am a single mom of two teenage girls and have almost 70lbs to lose but baby steps. love this site as i can track the food i eat and know when i am going to go over or not. the accountability even to myself is awesome. feel free to add as friend if you want. Good Luck.
  • mrstrouty
    mrstrouty Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome Michelle !!! I'm new to the site as well. Just over a week for me, but already seeing results. It's such a great site, keeps you real...lol Good luck with your journey. You can add me as a friend if you wish.
    mrstrouty :happy:
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will be sending some friend requests out to you all! Looking forward to getting to know each of you a little better! :)
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

These posts go by so quickly,you will notice that yourself as time goes on,if you miss it once you can miss it forever.Welcome to mfp,the site is great for support and you will get to meet some amazing people from all around the world.There will be support for yoy whenever you need it and any help that you require will be yours as there is a wealth of experience and good advice out there for you.
    Good luck with the 30 pound goal and best wishes on achieving just that....:smile:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, Welcome to mfp:) I joined just over a month ago and love it! I'm 45 years young and I started out looking to lose at least 30 lbs. I've lost almost 9 lbs and 7.5 inches in my short time here so I've got 21 lbs more to lose. Log everything you eat, make lots of friends on here for motivation and support, do some type of exercise everyday even if it's just 15 mins of walking and drink lots and lots of water. I'd love to be your friend and help you along the way. Feel free to add me and have a super great day~
  • Michelebecker
    Michelebecker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there and welcome! For anyone who doesn't already know if you have a "smart" phone, there is a really useful app that you can download (at least through the android market) for free! It makes keeping track of your calories, exercise, weight, and water intake a breeze on the go! Best wishes and good luck to you! :wink:
  • jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me if you would like. I am new here too. I've been at it for a week and I absolutely love MFP!
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    I just saw you're post, or I would have welcomed you sooner! I have been here for about a week myself.... you can add me as a friend if you like, I have lost 102lbs and have 48 more to go, the more support the better I say!! Jen
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Hi, Im new too. Im also a mum to a 12yo and an 8 yo. Looking forward to making new friends and hopefully make this weight loss journey a happy place to be!! :bigsmile:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    JUST SAW UR POST! WELCOME. IMMA NEWBIE TOO... ONE WEEK OLD. LOL. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS WELL IF U LIKE! ITS ALWAYS NICE WHEN EVERYONE HERE IS HERE FOR THE SAME COMMON GOAL.