calories in vitamins..who counts them?

Options
ok i take a bunch of vitamins everyday? who counts their vitamin calories? i dont, should i?

Replies

• coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    I'm pretty sure their miniscule. It's like I don't count the calories in splenda even though it's 4 per packet. It really does no damage at all.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    too much work LOL
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Vitamins and minerals don't have calories. If there are calories listed on the package, then it is from the fat or other substance they suspend the vitamins in so they can get the in pill form or it is an essential fatty acid not a vitamin or mineral. The only supplement I've ever taken that had a caloric value was CLA, which is an essential fatty acid. They were about 20 calories for the dosage and I did count it.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    OOPS! Never even thought of that!! I don't obviously. I can't imagine there are that many!!! I do count everything else though, including gum.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't. I figure I burn off more calories walking to the vitamin cupboard an opening it than I get from them.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I don't. I figure I burn off more calories walking to the vitamin cupboard an opening it than I get from them.

I'm with you on this one!!
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't. Mine are 15 calories and I'm usually well under my daily tally so I'm not concerned.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    i sometimes list my fish oil (when i remember). 9 cals per capsule(1000mg). i take about 10 of them a day, haha.