Deck of Cards Workout

Options
I am doing this with some friends later today. Give it a try some day to change things up.

Get a regular ol' deck of playing cards and keep the jokers in. Pick four exercises and assign one to each suit. Today I am doing heart = clean and press, diamond = sumo deadlift high pull, spade = medicine ball slams, club = sit up. Start flipping the cards of the deck over. Complete the number of reps the card is for the exercise assigned to the suit. So I flip the 7 of hearts, I will do 7 clean and presses. Aces are 11 reps and jokers are a 1 minute plank. Keep flipping until you have gone through the entire deck.

You will end up doing 65 reps of each exercise :-)

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I did this sort of thing with my basketball team for conditioning. Of course it was different exercises. But they were WORN OUT after we got finished!
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great idea--thanks for sharing! :)
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good, fun and different thing to do. It's good that people are able to come up with interesting things to stay motivated and not bored. I may have to try it
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you get tired of picking your own moves to do or need ideas you should check out fitdeck (www.fitdeck.com)

they have a different deck for different types of exercise. I have the pilates one that I can do pretty much anywhere (in my office at work usually) also the yoga and stretching ones and the swimming one is fun too. I am kind of addicted to them.

And no I don't sell them but I think they are awesome
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If you get tired of picking your own moves to do or need ideas you should check out fitdeck (www.fitdeck.com)

they have a different deck for different types of exercise. I have the pilates one that I can do pretty much anywhere (in my office at work usually) also the yoga and stretching ones and the swimming one is fun too. I am kind of addicted to them.

I just checked these out...my new addiction as well. Those are amazing! I just started TRX training too and they have a deck for that!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    that is fun....jokers are????
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    that is fun....jokers are????

We count jokers as 20
  • cohollywood
    Options
    My husband did this in the army and taught me how to do it.

I do royals as 20, Aces as 5, and don't use jokers (mine are lost). It's a good work out, that's for sure!!!
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like this! Thank you for sharing!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

I just checked these out...my new addiction as well. Those are amazing! I just started TRX training too and they have a deck for that!

I teach at 24 hour fitness and we just got a new super sport that has TRX equipment. I really haven't heard of it so I just looked it up. I think that I am going to have to get that one too and start doing that on the mornings that I don't have to teach spinning :)