Sore.... Training Tonight?!?

Options
I'm very sore today.... as I was yesterday... Tuesday I had a training session we concentrated more on arms but did a crap load of squats and wall sits too.... I was very sore yesterday but decided to do Wii Fit with my sister.... Today My Thighs are killing me... and my abs are killing me....

Anything I can do to help ease this pain before my training session tonight?

I'm at work now, so I can't soak in a hot bath or even ice it... When I leave here I go straight to the gym for my session... My plans are session then 30 mintues of swimming laps, and possibly hot tub (if it's not too crowded)....

Please help! lol

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    No one can head advice? lol ...
  • HowzItGoinEh
    Options
    Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Take a couple Ibuprofen or another anti-inflammatory like Advil to ease the muscle pain. You also have to make sure that you're not over-exercising. Your body needs enough time to repair and build muscle in between workouts. If you continually work the same muscle groups daily, it will actually work against you.
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Some soreness is normal! You'll know the difference between "ohcrap I hurt myself" and just a good workout - stretch and stretch and stretch, take some ibuprofen, and try to target different muscles if you must work out everyday - strength training, then cardio, then strength is something I see alot.

The main thing is to NEVER SKIMP ON STRETCHING! I was making awesome progress last summer with the Couch to 5k program - and then I pulled a muscle so badly that I couldn't get up the stairs/out of a chair/off the toilet by myself for weeks. Why? BECAUSE I DIDN'T STRETCH BEFORE TRYING TO RUN! OR AFTER!

Sorry for the caps, but stretch! :smooched: