I know most of you are going to be like, DUH!

Options
kewkdb
kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
I'm the type of guy that I like to find things out for myself. I also like test various "things" people say as fact. Quite frankly most of the time people are just wrong. They are wrong because they heard something or read something and accepted it as fact so state it as fact.

So starting last weekend (Saturday) I stopped drinking water. Not entirely but maybe like 1 glass a day while drinking Diet Mountain Dew for all my meals. I continued this through to Tuesday. Monday I did 3 miles with 25lbs weight in my backpack and two 5lbs dumb bells in my hands. Everything was fine till I got home. I felt super tired and had a mean head ache. Tuesday I did 4miles with same weights and had even more of a head ache and just as tired. Not exhausted mind you but tired like "I MUST SLEEP NOW!" tired.

Today (Wednesday) I drank 1 gallon of water throughout the day. When I got home today I went out and did 5miles (my stupid Nike+ only recorded .65 grrrr!) with the same weights and I feel great!

I learned a couple things 1. I really do need to drink water! 2. I know what it feels like for my body to tell me it wants water. Knowing this will help my troubleshoot any "issues" I may come across physically. Me or someone else.

TLDR version: Drink your water! :D

Replies

• Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    DUH... :bigsmile: hee hee hee... I know what you mean about finding out about stuff yourself. Sometimes you need to do that so you know what youre doing is right for your body. :happy: Good luck! I personally love water, besides a couple of cups of coffee in the morning thats all I drink. I cant stand milk, juice or anything else. just water.. :tongue:
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    I pink puffy heart Diet Mountain Dew. But water makes me feel super fly, so I drink it, but I also like it. There's just something yummy about fizzy Diet Dew. YuM!
  • kewkdb
    Options
    Mountain Dew is my Coffee >_<
  • JWebster7777
    Options
    You left out the beer and vodka you drank on Saturday! lol
  • primus_guy
    primus_guy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you bang your head against a brick wall, it will hurt. Test it to see if it really happens. (JK)

Like you said, at least you now know the signs when you need water.
  • kewkdb
    Options
    You left out the beer and vodka you drank on Saturday! lol

That's because it is a constant and can be ignored as part of the problem. IE the only thing new at the time was the introduction of a lack of drinking water.